New single: Stratego

Accidentally posted in the wrong thread. As I suspected the rip from earlier was dodgy, the version of Spotify sounds much better! Overall I like it but I some extra thoughts (with my pedant hat on):

- I really like the intro and I love "for I have no mortal soul" part
- Bruce sounds great and I like how they're doubling vocals again
- I'm not sure the whole 'learn and record each song as soon as possible' thing does them any favours because everything sounds a little rushed
- Nicko sounds like he's having an off day, especially his kick drum work, almost like certain parts have been stitched together after the fact

I get why they did TWOTW as the first single with all the movie production around it. It was more of an event than a single. But this is probably the most single-like single since The Wicker Man. It's really good.

And it got everyone talking and ready for the big punch... Which is THIS <3

First impressions

Fucking love it, it is epic and will sound huge live. bruce sounds great, nicko’s drumming is awesome and janick is cooking up a storm on the solo

bruce’s vocals are either too quiet or haven’t got enough punch eq wise, although it isn’t quite as bad with headphones

The only thing about the song I wasn’t sure about was the keyboard sound at the end.

What I dont like is the lack of memorable melodies. WotW is great when it comes to the melodies. But I love lyrics and Bruce vocals. Overal good song and Im hyped for album even more.

First impression. I get a BNW and Seventh Son vibe from this song. I dig the sinister riff and the gallop. The chorus is very catchy.
Like the lead guitars and the strange synth beneath the sinister riff. Bruce is a litte low in the mix but I guess they wanted to make room for the guitars. Good song!

Great tune!

The melody on the verse ("how do you read...") is almost Angry Again from Megadeth ("engaged in crime I grasp my throat...") !!!

Well, Chris Jericho was right. I LOVE this one. Been a long time i was hooked on a Maiden song instantly

First impression. I get a BNW and Seventh Son vibe from this song. I dig the sinister riff and the gallop. The chorus is very catchy.
Like the lead guitars and the strange synth beneath the sinister riff. Bruce is a litte low in the mix but I guess they wanted to make room for the guitars. Good song!
Sinister is the perfect way to describe that riff; I was searching for the words to describe how it sounded, to my ears anyway, and you hit upon it for me.

Back