Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

To me, Dance Of Death, Paschendale, When The Wild Wind Blows, and The Red And The Black all feel more complex than Isle Of Avalon and Starblind and those were all played live.
I don't think I ever see snippets available ahead of time for any new album releases these days. The last Maiden album to have those was Final Frontier.
Starblind and Avalon don’t have as many changing parts as the songs you mentioned, but the parts that are there are unusual time signatures and much more complex on a playing level. A lot of Maiden songs switch tempos and riffs all over the place but generally stay in 4/4. I have no idea wtf time signature Starblind is but it sounds like a bitch for six people to play live.

Starblind and Avalon don’t have as many changing parts as the songs you mentioned, but the parts that are there are unusual time signatures and much more complex on a playing level. A lot of Maiden songs switch tempos and riffs all over the place but generally stay in 4/4. I have no idea wtf time signature Starblind is but it sounds like a bitch for six people to play live.
Starblind is in the regular 4/4 or 8/8. It sounds weird (in an awesome way) because you could break it down to 7/16 + 9/16. That's still 16/16 or 4/4. The mid section with the solo is 7/8 though.

I’m gonna take your word for it because im not at all musically inclined. It definitely sounds off-kilter to me and I love that!
Oh yeah. It definitely is. Really interesting rhythmically. And who cares anyway. Sounds beautiful. My favourite on the album along with Mother of Mercy and When the Wild Wind Blows.

Since all the other reviews are ranging from positive to extremely positive, I have no problem with one that doesn’t seem to get into it as much. It’s not a total write off either, just criticizing the facts we already know and he’s probably not a fan of the general direction of the reunion era, that’s ok. I think the move to have a few different people reviewing is a neat move as it gives more perspective depending on taste and what era you appreciate of the band.
Still, the album seems to be a good one and since TBOS scored 9/10 or 10/10 almost everywhere and I personally haven’t warmed to it, I take the reviews with quite a pinch of salt.

Yeah, 10/10 etc. Seems too high now. Album is good but some things didnt grow on me like i Thought they may grow. But again - who am I to judge, TFF is my second favorite post reunion album.

Reactions: Oca
Yeah, 10/10 etc. Seems too high now. Album is good but some things didnt grow on me like i Thought they may grow. But again - who am I to judge, TFF is my second favorite post reunion album.
I think Bruce’s cancer scare might have affected the way people viewed the album when it dropped, it sure did for me at first anyway. I was just so happy to know he made it and that we got an album. There are some true gems on it, but there are also issues with it and I’ve already made my point about them so won’t dwell further on that.

C
I think Bruce’s cancer scare might have affected the way people viewed the album when it dropped, it sure did for me at first anyway. I was just so happy to know he made it and that we got an album. There are some true gems on it, but there are also issues with it and I’ve already made my point about them so won’t dwell further on t
I think Bruce’s cancer scare might have affected the way people viewed the album when it dropped, it sure did for me at first anyway. I was just so happy to know he made it and that we got an album. There are some true gems on it, but there are also issues with it and I’ve already made my point about them so won’t dwell further on that.
Dude cancer or no cancer I think he nailed the vocals on tbos. Those screams and high notes were just insane.

So, nothing new on the -potential- second single yet!
I’m checking this forum, iron maiden italia, reddit every half n hour to look for some signs of Stratego. We’ll just have to wait. Might get it around the same time as senjutsu album announcement.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Gk1
C

Dude cancer or no cancer I think he nailed the vocals on tbos. Those screams and high notes were just insane.
Yeah, he did an awesome job regardless. And the tour after was a true statement as well. What I meant was that people might have gotten a bit rose tinted due to the fact, that’s all.

Reactions: jcv
Just remember guys, we'll have the rest fo our lives to listen to the album. :) ( BOS leaked on Aug 28th)

Last edited:
Reactions: jcv
Would maiden simply drop a single just like that? We should expect a tease/countdown on their social media/website no?

There is no official info regarding a second single, let alone it being released today.

Back