Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

Why would Maiden need to keep hyping a record when they already released a single, pictures of every format ready to pre-order and a Kerrang interview with Dickinson?

I'm getting blasted every day with it on my Google feed. That's what the band wants.

Who the fuck orders magazines anymore? Magazine covers, lmfao. You might as well ask the band to send out telegrams encouraging fans in Siam & Ceylon to order wax cylinders for their grammaphones by wiring reichthalers via the Prussian Embassy. It'll be delivered by autogyro.

DISPATCH SENJUTSU IMMEDIATELY STOP PLEASE SEND DELUXE EDITION STOP BAND IS DECEASED STOP

tumblr_npt3xeKArr1tka22do2_400.gif

I have no problem with the wait .. a single released and about 6 weeks later the album comes out. It is not like a GnR Chinese Democracy deal by any stretch. Honestly, I am more interested in what the tour looks like next year .. will it be Legacy of the Beast, will it be the new album, will it be Legacy of the Beast modified?

Reactions: jcv
Obviously, I am exaggerating, but I think we can concur that magazine covers ceased being an effective way to promote music back in, uh, 2005. And that's being generous.
It's not the print magazines, it's online articles like the Kerrang interview with Bruce. But honestly, even that is pretty niche these days. Obviously music magazine websites have their audience but it's not like it makes any difference if what's posted on their site is "Iron Maiden announces new album Senjutsu, to be released Sept 3rd" or a proper interview or feature. Either way the message is communicated to that particular site's audience: new IM album, here's when it comes out, check out this single.

They did a viral campaign to get a lot of that out of the way. Bruce is doing his tour and seems comfortable being the face. I expect that in the last week of August some more stuff will come out. Any more than that and it's lost in today's news cycle, because that's just how it goes.

They did a viral campaign to get a lot of that out of the way. Bruce is doing his tour and seems comfortable being the face. I expect that in the last week of August some more stuff will come out. Any more than that and it's lost in today's news cycle, because that's just how it goes.
Until then someone should write a book: "The hardcore fan: how to survive in-between Maiden albums?" Best seller :)

I feared once we started getting tidbits every day leading up to the single reveal some folks would expect that to continue until the album release. There might be some other things as we get closer to the release. Personally, I don't need it. Just give me the album on Sept 3rd.

Yes. Enough about this Iron Maiden stuff and Senjutsu or whatever.

Back on topic.. What is everyones favourite British Lion track?
British Lion music su*ks donkeys *alls. Whining and moaning rock. Sorry, but i needed to say it. I can't believe how mighty have fallen. Yes, Steve does what he wants to do, but his novadays musical taste and preferences affects Maiden music also. Especially how they sound :D

Last edited:
Personally, I believe too much compartmentalization of talking points result in squashed activity and spontaneity. It can get rather messy quick without it, but at least the conversation keeps going.
Not sure if that should be the point.
It should be if it has to do with the album.

But why the solo stuff posts?

My on topic post got buried immediately.

To me this whole Bellshazzar's Feast hype was disappointing. Because the song itself is not based on Biblical story. Just another 'people are stupid, we all gonna die' type song. Many of us thought we're gonna get something special and ambitious this time, but no, there was no Bellshazzar and no Feast.

I mean, Bruce and Adrian wrote Starblind, a song so brutally critical of religion that I'm surprised Steve allowed it on an album.

Then again, Steve wrote a song so brutally critical of religion that I'm surprised Nicko hasn't quit the band.

The video was laden with references to Belshazzar's Feast, visually. The song has nothing to do with it, but that's because the emphasis for the release was the video.

Yeah, it all ended up very anticlimactic! This whole biblical reference had me hyped and then....
Anyhow I think the song is quite solid. Regardless if you think they should have continued with the teasing or not....I think now is a good time for the second single.

A new song after 6 years, a video that took months to complete, all followed by new album announcement - none of that was special?
Building of hype was inadequate. Use of Bellshazar's Feast created wrong hopes and assumptions.

Reactions: Gk1
Back