Senjutsu - 3rd September 2021

I think realistically it's excessive work and excessive threads just to display a choice thats not all that interesting on its own. A discussion thread where people post their orderings and give their reasoning would be less work and more interesting.
But how will we ever know the average perception of album quality??? This keeps me awake at night. :ninja:

For me

BNW
TBOS
AMOLAD/DOD (DOD gets bonus points which drags it uas I remember listening to the world premiere of a couple of songs on the radio which was an experience)
TFF

I am expecting TBOS part 2 for Senjustu which is fine for me :)

for the “surprising” elements. i think after hearing TWOTW I am expecting more use of acoustic guitars

I'd put them probably like this:

1. AMoLaD
2. BNW
3. DoD/TFF
4. TBoS

Out of these, TBoS is the only album that I have some pretty strong negative feelings about. The 10/10 title track would land in my top 5 Maiden songs for sure and I like IESF and TGU, but the rest of the songs are really subpar in my opinion. There are great moments for sure, but overall I'm not a fan of the writing on this album.

If majority of songs on Senjutsu are TWotW level or better, it has a chance to land on the 3rd spot at least. Fingers crossed.

Bruce said there are one or two songs in the album that would surprise maiden fans. Any predictions which songs these would be? My bet is on TWOW and Senjutsu.
TWOTW and some of the Harris epics, the title track or another Smith/Dickinson song.

I still rank the reunion albums as:

1. Brave New World (2000)
2. The Book of Souls (2015)
3. A Matter of Life and Death (2006)
4. Dance of Death (2003)
5. The Final Frontier (2010)

If Senjutsu is worse than Dance of Death I will still be happy as hell. Below TFF and I’ll be happy but not quite satisfied. Now if it ends up being worse than Killers I will be sad.

Same exact ranking!
TFF :wub:
Yeah, I was impressed with its expansive scope compared with the usual stuff. Disappointed with the fans' ranking of it.
I've been replaying them all recently. BNW has no bad tracks. AMOLAD has great drums and some huge songs but gets bogged down with repetition. DOD has a few great ones but is muddy and goes weak in places. I'm still not amoured with BOS as it sounds so ordinary. The Great Unknown has a strong verse but the bridge and chorus are like "That'll do".
I think we're in the minority.

Really? When the video stream started, i thought it was an intro to the announcement. I realized it was the song only when Bruce started singing.

In case of YT doesn't work If Eternity Should Fail ending is also in the same key, as this new track. Ending of IESF = intro to WOTW.
The verses are done in the same style as Tears of a Clown. The main lick is something Smith would've done as texture before.

Song is not Maiden by the numbers, but it's far from surprising, as its ingredients have popped up before, often.

Yeah, I was impressed with its expansive scope compared with the usual stuff. Disappointed with the fans' ranking of it.
I've been replaying them all recently. BNW has no bad tracks. AMOLAD has great drums and some huge songs but gets bogged down with repetition. DOD has a few great ones but is muddy and goes weak in places. I'm still not amoured with BOS as it sounds so ordinary. The Great Unknown has a strong verse but the bridge and chorus are like "That'll do".
I think we're in the minority.
I feel exactly the same with TGU. "that'll do" bridge and chorus. I also find that'll do moments scattered across WTRRD and SOTV. Frustrating.

Guys, has this been discussed? Someone from a a brazilian iron maiden group on Facebook has found this ("includes TWOTW + Stratego, which could be the second single?). The link is from amazon br, it seems, and isn't available anymore. I have no idea if this is legit or not. Just showing.

View attachment 16060

Edit: here's the link https://www.amazon.com.br/Iron-Maiden-Senjutsu/dp/B099C4YTKG/ref=sr_1_4?__mk_pt_BR=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=Iron+Maiden+-+Senjutsu&qid=1627246109&sr=8-4
Someone has already posted it here. With part of the lyrics included. Not so much discussed yet.

Back