Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

Today I found a disturbing image in a book that maybe could be the main reference for Derek Riggs to make "The Clairvoyant" painting.
Derek says in his book that : "It was about seeing future, so I thought, past, present and future. And that Roman god, is it Janus that has three faces? It has to do with passage of time"

Well Janus had 2 faces. He's the God of beginnings, gates, transitions, time, duality, doorways, passages, and ending. According with Derek it's about time. That's ok.

I remember that Bruce said in some interview that he talked with Derek about ideas for the cover of the album. He showed some prints that Gustave Dore made for the Dante's Divine Comedy. The Inferno, purgatory and Heaven. Perhaps Derek made his own research and saw what I've seen today. It's the folio 48 from the Codex Altonensis (14th century). We can see Lucifer with 3 faces. I don't know what it means that illustration, I think it's about how the traitors are treated in the Inferno. I think it's painted by Botticelli.

clairvoyant-idea.jpg
From left to right: The Clairvoyant painting / Janus and the concept of time / Traitors in Hell are eaten by a 3 faces Lucifer.

AMOLAD Eddie closer look and 2006 tour related artwork:

Attachments

• amolad eddie.jpg
    amolad eddie.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 27
  • amolad tour artwork.jpg
    amolad tour artwork.jpg
    958 KB · Views: 26
Several frozen Eddies are part of the full artwork for SSOASS album -> SIT, TNOTB, POM, Live After Death and two others which are hard to distinct... (maybe IM and Killers?).

- we can also see: a book, fish/fishing rod and a whirlpool.

There were frozen Eddies for Donington '88 too (at the right side end of the stage... for the left side end there were frozen ships) -> we can spot Powersalve Eddie, which is missing from the full artwork for SSOASS album.

Attachments

• artwork from ssoass.jpg
    artwork from ssoass.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44
  • frozen eddies for donington '88.jpg
    frozen eddies for donington '88.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 47
Several frozen Eddies are part of the full artwork for SSOASS album -> SIT, TNOTB, POM, Live After Death and two others which are hard to distinct... (maybe IM and Killers?).

- we can also see: a book, fish/fishing rod and a whirlpool.

There were frozen Eddies for Donington '88 too (at the right side end of the stage... for the left side end there were frozen ships) -> we can spot Powersalve Eddie, which is missing from the full artwork for SSOASS album.
I suspect the one on the right is supposed to represent Powerslave
not the sleeve but this one 1623609575357.png
, or maybe Powerslave and Live After Death. Thingie at the back, between SIT and NOTB Eddies might be Iron Maiden and Killers, grouped together and furthest from viewer because earliest and no Brucie (?), but who knows what was in Derek's mind anyway.

Ahoj vincentandreutti11111, to je najvyššie rozlíšenie, ktoré dostaneš od Eddieho. Ak hľadáte nejaké ďalšie veľmi vzácne Eddieho, dajte mi vedieť. Mám jednu z najlepších zbierok Derek Riggs Eddie v Írsku! Pm, čo hľadáte.
Veľmi krásne ďakujem, zoberiem všetko čo mi ponuknete mám všetky knihy aj fanklubove dokonca jednu knihu v Brazílii tlačili len pre mňa, ja Eddieho milujem zoberiem všetko čo mi ponuknete.

Veľmi krásne ďakujem, zoberiem všetko čo mi ponuknete mám všetky knihy aj fanklubove dokonca jednu knihu v Brazílii tlačili len pre mňa, ja Eddieho milujem zoberiem všetko čo mi ponuknete.
To je skvelé. ale budem potrebovat vediet co Eddie chces? Čo by som mohol urobiť, je poslať vám vzácne víry z rokov 1980 - 2000, ak chcete. Alebo to, čo by ste mohli urobiť, je dať mi vzácne a veľmi vzácne Eddieho, ktoré chceš v nízkom rozlíšení, a pošlem ti verzie hi-res a super hi-res. Veľmi by ma zaujímalo, čo presne Eddie hľadáš.

Prepáčte za hrubý preklad.

To je skvelé. ale budem potrebovat vediet co Eddie chces? Čo by som mohol urobiť, je poslať vám vzácne víry z rokov 1980 - 2000, ak chcete. Alebo to, čo by ste mohli urobiť, je dať mi vzácne a veľmi vzácne Eddieho, ktoré chceš v nízkom rozlíšení, a pošlem ti verzie hi-res a super hi-res. Veľmi by ma zaujímalo, čo presne Eddie hľadáš.

Prepáčte za hrubý preklad.
Veľmi by som chcel vzácne Eddieho z rokov 1982 - 2000

Back