Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish I were a fan club member, would be interested to see the reaction on their "official" forums...
I promise you, it's just as mixed as anywhere else on the web.

A lot of people are disappointed, some are still happy that they get to see LOTB one more time, others don't really care.

They must release new album this year. That's the least they can do. Damage control, of some sort.
Yeah it’ll be called Rock in Rio 2, Legacy of the Boogaloo: Live in Rio de We Want Your Money. Rod says: “We couldn’t just leave you guys hanging for another year so have another album from the lesser leg of the tour but with shittier production and shittier performances. Bite me.”

So was this what Adrian meant with exciting news Maiden fans will be thrilled about? Surely not Ahahahaha.

Its possible they can still release a new album and play 1 song from it much like how they did in North America for the TFF leg.

They are most likely lining up a Sept/ Oct/ Nov North American tour too which was the suspected plan for this year.

So was this what Adrian meant with exciting news Maiden fans will be thrilled about? Surely not Ahahahaha.

Its possible they can still release a new album and play 1 song from it much like how they did in North America for the TFF leg.

They are most likely lining up a Sept/ Oct/ Nov North American tour too which was the suspected plan for this year.
That would be awesome. But yeah, surely this was not the "exciting news" Adrian meant.

No. They've probably got a slightly bigger inflatable Spitfire, or a bigger VIP package that costs more.
Didn't read this part at first so you are probably right hahaha

"realistically there is no alternative so we will all make the best of it and spend the time preparing for a very memorable and even more spectacular Legacy tour next year, we promise! Until then keep safe and keep smart”

I don't have anything against legacy tour and people who want to see it, if it comes round again I'm going too. But the thing is there is a bigger picture, the time is running out, Forostar is correct, Nicko will be in his latter 70s and others will be approaching 70.

There is a grim possibility seldom anyone is talking about, and that is the prospect of a final album. Maiden has to stop eventually, as a touring band, the only thing it ever was. That stop will come in 2020s, we are in that decade, Maiden might continue with some sort of output, but there is going to be that last album that's all 100% new material with proper release and world tour.

I don't have anything against legacy tour and people who want to see it, if it comes round again I'm going too. But the thing is there is a bigger picture, the time is running out, Forostar is correct, Nicko will be in his latter 70s and others will be approaching 70.

There is a grim possibility seldom anyone is talking about, and that is the prospect of a final album. Maiden has to stop eventually, as a touring band, the only thing it ever was. That stop will come in 2020s, we are in that decade, Maiden might continue with some sort of output, but there is going to be that last album that's all 100% new material with proper release and world tour.

I'm convinced they've decided the one they have in the can will be the last, and that's why they aren't just releasing it asap.

I'm sure a FC member or two will report back what's going on over there.

The never ending (but also never happening) LOTB roadshow is doing nothing for the band's credibility as an actively creative and non-cabaret act.

I’d say the reaction to the news has been mostly negative. There are some very loyal Maiden-can-do-no-wrong fans who are trying to see the positive side of this (“Maiden will be touring, I do not care what they play!”) though.

I personally feel quite disappointed that they have decided to maximise the profits from nostalgia to the point that a new studio album (not so new when it gets released) would probably be collecting dust for over 3 years before it gets released.

Rod has missed a massive opportunity to recreate this iconic artwork with Eddie as Liza Minelli...

1618345142681.jpeg

Last edited:

if iron maiden is playing in my town or country ill go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back