Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian promised exciting things... Maybe next news will be about NEW ALBUM?
I reckon 2022 will be the massive year for the band starts off with a couple months of legacy. New album and tour for North America later in the year which was the then rumored plan for this year.

No way the band are just doing a 2 month tour next year anyway. There will be another leg .

Facebook comment:
"The longest tour of the band history... I was amazed in 2018 by the LOTB tour, and saw the both 2 shows at Bercy. I was longing to see them again for the LOTB tour in 2020. But now, I have to admit that attending this show with the same set list in 2022 may not have any sense. Indeed in 2022 it is right time for a tour promoting a new album."

I will always go and see Iron Maiden as they are my absolute favorite (the band that changed my life), but these recent news are both great and sad at the same time because now it will take 1 full year (over a year actually) when I see them perhaps live but we still don't know when and if we can get new album. To be honest, currently we don't know if there will be any tours ever and also new album's state is uncertain (even if it's been done already).

But I think people are wrong…We knew that they could cancel or postponed the tour. They are not saying that it won't be a new album. It's totally true that the people are tired of the lack of information about the band. Just Adrian said something with hope. As I said before any member of the band or the management get out and made a video talking to the fans about the plans of the band for this year. That lack of information is what makes people burn themselves
If you look at the Facebook comments section from the announcement, the general tenor of the comments is "wow cool artwork hope to see you in 2022 pls come to Nepal".

Yes, somebody really posted "come to Nepal".
Perhaps Metallica go soon (if they were to the arctic to play in front of a few penguins and sea lions…)

From the comments I've seen on Facebook just now and a little awhile ago it's largely unfavorable.
Every second comment seems to be saying just cancel it and drop a new album. Be good if it gets back to the cabaret act in maiden towers and we get a " you asked for it here is album 17" ahaha

It differs. There's never say anything bad people and others who say stuff like

"Im so fucking over this shit.
This is the never ending nostalgia farewell tour.
Approaching 6 years now since TBOS was released. Who the fuck knows when we will have new music…if ever."
Also a lot of people who have been planning this years tour with an absurd amount of optimism.

Never seen you before at the IMFC until today btw.

I think we (the more than casual, more like hardcore) the followers deserve some kind of information regarding any things related to Iron Maiden.

No activity til June 2022 is still an ultra dumb, disappointing and time wasting reality, even if not surprising.
:nuts2::puke:

Thanks, masterplanning management. You sign time wasting contracts. Bloody fools.

Sorry for my language. And the criticism.
Of course I will probaly see them this tour, assuming it is the minimal thing to do in this void of Maiden nothingness.

Yes, of course I wish they'd have released three albums since 2015, played live streams from the studio in the pandemic, released a solo album each and given us the prospect for new music today. It sucks that nothing has happened. It really does. But I can't do anything about it. I don't see a point in getting angry about it, especially because this is not unexpected. It's just a waste of energy.

I'd rather take cabaret tours and longer breaks between albums than releasing shit samey albums every 2 years, like for example Saxon.

If they want to tour with FRESH new album, they can record another NEW album. Release new album (recorded in 2019) this year, and record another one for 2022 tour. They have enough time for that. Fans would be more than satisfied. :)

Yes, of course I wish they'd have released three albums since 2015, played live streams from the studio in the pandemic, released a solo album each and given us the prospect for new music today. It sucks that nothing has happened. It really does. But I can't do anything about it. I don't see a point in getting angry about it, especially because this is not unexpected. It's just a waste of energy.
Or a release of the fucking fury. ;)
Tomorrow we'll feel better.

If you had the time to lose,
Why don't you lose it, shoot some moose,
Would you care to cake a fook,
And plan your tour like a shit book?

Time is always on your side,
Time is always on your side.

Last edited:
I'm actually happy they postponed this leg again. Playing live gigs this year is impossible, and I was afraid they would just cancel it. I absolutely loved the 2018 gigs and I want to see that show again.

But they wanna make money.

Yes and that's why I started disliking this entire situation. It is not about touring vs not touring, it's about the content of the tour. There are no catches like "road crew needs to get work and pay".

I don't think that we hear new Iron Maiden album in 2021 - they still need to promote Legacy of the beast tour, several times band mentions that these shows will be something extra (hope for a proper blu-ray release). But it could be NEW Bruce Dickinson album release in 2021 - he started writing it somewhere in 2014 - a proper time to release it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back