Rant Thread

Screenshot_20210206-162220_Chrome.jpg

Jesus Christ the requirements for creating passwords is fucking ridiculous these days. :mad::mad:

Like, if I'm able to come up with a password that meets all those requirements, there's no way in hell I'll be able to remember it.

I had this whole long post written up but I realized it's better to schedule a call with the therapist instead lol. I always get worked up and angry after midnight and I obviously can't have the call then, and then I lose my motivation to schedule when I wake up, but I will do that tomorrow for sure.

But I still wanna say that my dad's wife is an evil bitch and that I wish her all the worst. I still can't decide whom I hate the most between her and my two ex-bosses.
If she's actively doing stuff that's causing the stress and anger, it's not you who needs therapy. Unless it's assertiveness coaching, that can really help.

The safest type of password is an entire sentence, it's also easy to remember, with an arbitrary capitalization scheme that you also find intuitive. It is also way more "strong", although it is less complex because it only uses letters it is way more hard to break because of the very lenght.

However it will take some time for password systems to adapt to this dogma.

Asking users to conjure complex passwords and rotate them properly is asking for trouble.

The "no dictionary words" requirement is the biggest obstacle. I guess I can get around it by going with something like Ir0nM@!D3N666

If she's actively doing stuff that's causing the stress and anger, it's not you who needs therapy. Unless it's assertiveness coaching, that can really help.
There's no cure for being a selfish heartless asshole, which is what she is.

I did have the therapy session, was good.

Oh don't think for a minute she'd want to change a thing. I'm acknowledging that's it's not you with 'the problem'. :)

View attachment 13759

Jesus Christ the requirements for creating passwords is fucking ridiculous these days. :mad::mad:

Like, if I'm able to come up with a password that meets all those requirements, there's no way in hell I'll be able to remember it.
There must be words you can remember that are not found in dictionaries and can be bodged to fit ;)
"Kw!zatzH@derach" for example
But yeah, that's extreme(ly stupid).

1612826930748-png.13773
Does the signature of the cartoonist really say “S. Harris”? Hmm...

I’m looking for a traineeship as it’s my last semester in university and I want to finish in time. 90% of the offers are for marketing and social media stuff. The last thing I’d ever want to do as a traineeship is sit behind a laptop and promote some company online. And marketing, what the hell is that even? What does a marketer do? Why are jobs nowadays all virtual bullshit? Why can’t I do some real physical-ass job and get my internship done with that? I don’t understand the new world where everyone sits at their desk, slurps on their coffee and makes Instagram stories, showing off their amazing workspace environment. What the fuck are these people actually doing?? Bring the old jobs back!

I’m looking for a traineeship as it’s my last semester in university and I want to finish in time. 90% of the offers are for marketing and social media stuff. The last thing I’d ever want to do as a traineeship is sit behind a laptop and promote some company online. And marketing, what the hell is that even? What does a marketer do? Why are jobs nowadays all virtual bullshit? Why can’t I do some real physical-ass job and get my internship done with that? I don’t understand the new world where everyone sits at their desk, slurps on their coffee and makes Instagram stories, showing off their amazing workspace environment. What the fuck are these people actually doing?? Bring the old jobs back!

Waitasec - what are you actually studying? Because I wonder if any university's gonna aim at those "real physical-ass jobs" in the first place. Okay, there probably are some - archeology, medicine - but aren't people usually studying precisely because they want to sit in a cozy office, slurp on their coffee and make Instagram stories, as far from real physical-ass jobs as possible?

(I don't disagree with your sentiment, though)

(also I really appreciate you put the hyphen in the right place; it'd be really confusing to see this craving for real, physical ass-jobs, though de gustibus non disputandum est, as usual...)

I’m studying Audiovisual Media. It’s my own fault that I’ve left looking for an internship for the last minute. Now, going through offers desperately, I can only find job titles like Social Media Manager, Content Manager, Social Media Expert - these titles don’t mean anything to me.

Back