Nights of the Dead, Legacy of the Beast: Live in Mexico City (new live album)

There's too many posts to search in this thread, so has anyone heard anything about a live video to go along with the album release? I was hoping for a "live chapter" kind of thing, but I guess it would have been announced by now if that was the case.

Weight Of The World..this must have been influenced partly by the state of the world (eventhough they did wrote and composed album well before COVID-19).

Reminds me of the 2014 Christmas card which gave the clue of "No Tour 2015" although everyone thought it meant "on tour."

1605644567310.png

They were obviously goons, hired by H to stop Steve from fucking up the production. What H didn't know was Steve had taken a Tae Kwon Do masterclass prior and just fought them off.

When time had come to mix NOTD, H had just bought some very expensive fishing equipment, and simply couldn't justify hiring more expensive/proficient ninjas. Quite frankly, H didn't care because he was going to be busy with the fishing itself anyway so Steve was left alone with Tony Newton. And we all know how that went.

Last edited:
Didn't the ninjas also cause a bunch of speculation about an Asian/Japanese theme to the album art and title track too? Good times.

There's too many posts to search in this thread, so has anyone heard anything about a live video to go along with the album release? I was hoping for a "live chapter" kind of thing, but I guess it would have been announced by now if that was the case.
The supposition is that live video format doesn't make enough profit vs production costs anymore, which is why we didn't get one for Live Chapter and seems guaranteed we won't get one for this.

For whatever reason, it seems Maiden is cutting back costs when it comes to live releases. Not producing DVD/BR releases being one, recycling tour promo art for the covers being another, using a more inexpensive producer than KS, and now going with the (likely) cheaper digipack format being the third. Could be wrong, but that's the way it seems.

now going with the (likely) cheaper digipack format

I don't think it's a case of being cheaper, but more that digipack is seen more as a deluxe/novelty format and I guess Maiden think that sort of stuff is more likely to sell than a straightforward physical release.

It's also being released on 2 vinyl formats, which is the first time that there has been two vinyl formats since I think No Prayer for the Dying!

Back