Legacy Of The Beast Post-Pandemic Leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
These shows were planned back in May, no surprise they have announced them but it would be more surprising if they go ahead.

Was one or more of these dates accidentally announced by Lord of the Lost back then?

Four final dates added to the 2021 LOTB tour.

This would be one of the shortest legs from all tours.... only 18 shows.

- ME tour 3rd leg in 2014 was 20 shows.
- AMOLAD tour 2007 leg was 16 shows.
- DOD tour 2004 leg was 14 shows.
- BNW tour 2001 leg was 6 shows (in 2002 the shows were three)

Four final dates added to the 2021 LOTB tour.

From the release:
Four more shows are announced in Europe for the 2021 final leg of the Legacy Of The Beast Tour.
This completes the Legacy Of The Beast Summer 2021 touring schedule and no further dates will be added.
The best news here. This confirms that this is in fact the end of the Legacy of the Beast run and they're not going to keep dragging it out anymore after this.

Last edited:
No UK show(s)? I guess I will be giving this leg a miss, as would probably do the rest of the world too.
Yeah, I don't think Maiden will do any shows next year. Unfortunately. I do find it a bit amusing though seeing people plan which shows to do etc on the fanclub forum.

Yeah, I don't think Maiden will do any shows next year. Unfortunately. I do find it a bit amusing though seeing people plan which shows to do etc on the fanclub forum.

It is rather amusing, isn’t it?

I have tickets for some shows since March (Fascinating Aida, The Waterboys, Skunk Anansie, Van der Graaf Generator) and they keep being postponed.

Devin Townsend talked about this sort of thing on a recent podcast. There are lots of tour offers and dates being booked in 2021 with the assumption that they probably won’t happen, but, in case tours are able to happen, they need to have them planned in advance just like you would any tour. So yes, these four new dates will likely be canceled, but Maiden has to plan for the possibility of a tour in 2021 now or it won’t happen.

It makes perfect sense from the perspective of the band. Personally, I don't think any gigs will happen in 2021, but my personal opinion is not relevant to business planning.
The only thing I wish is that they would devise a plan B for the case that a 2021 tour won't happen but they still want to make money.

It makes perfect sense from the perspective of the band. Personally, I don't think any gigs will happen in 2021, but my personal opinion is not relevant to business planning.
The only thing I wish is that they would devise a plan B for the case that a 2021 tour won't happen but they still want to make money.
Plan b is probably the live album they are releasing. Another possibility is to release the damn studio album.

Eventhough, they (Rod) somehow managed to announce 4 dates for the next summer, I just can't see them play any of those dates.
Not sure if they are really serious of putting further dates while it's totally uncertain of when they can actually even play a live concert next time.
So, this should be wrapped up by now. And I hope that they will cancel all the 2021 dates once and for all, not even trying to push them forwards.
Let's just head on to the clearer times ahead, thinking of new album and it's tour (whenever it's safe to do touring). Better cancel LOTB 3rd leg as it was already brainfart anyways. I know all the people have not yet seen LOTB-shows but you can surely still see Maiden live someday.

Plan b is probably the live album they are releasing. Another possibility is to release the damn studio album.
It makes sense. The live album in November and the studio album once they are sure the shows cannot take place as scheduled, say April or May (a 6-month gap).

Devin Townsend talked about this sort of thing on a recent podcast. There are lots of tour offers and dates being booked in 2021 with the assumption that they probably won’t happen, but, in case tours are able to happen, they need to have them planned in advance just like you would any tour. So yes, these four new dates will likely be canceled, but Maiden has to plan for the possibility of a tour in 2021 now or it won’t happen.
I was going to write this same post, but this is better. It makes far more sense to plan ahead and cancel a show than to wait until the last minute and not have any sales at all because there was no time to market the show, or get the band's travel procedures in order. Needed Visas, booked flights, road crew scheduled, all that shit. Concerts take a good bit of planning, and Maiden are on the upper end of having "maintenance" associated with their shows.

Holy cow. 5 shows in Germany. When did something like that happen?

edit: And Aman Amarth as opening act in the Netherlands? Cool !

Holy cow. 5 shows in Germany. When did something like that happen?

edit: And Aman Amarth as opening act in the Netherlands? Cool !

Maiden England tour in 2013. They played 6 shows in Germany on The Final Frontier tour in 2011, so that number of dates there is not that unusual.

I bet they would play 0 shows in Germany in 2021 though.

Last edited:
The amount of shows is one thing, but these are stadium shows! The smallest planned show is Waldbuhne in Berlin, which is sold out. They played 15k there in 2018, and this time 22k. Then you've got Bremen which is around 30k. Also sold out. Stuttgart over 40k, sold out and Köln close to 40k. Frankfurt is another stadium, and if it wasn't for the corona-situation I am sure it would have sold out.

It's a shame the guys (probably) won't get to play these shows. Becoming a stadium band at this stage in their career and then not get to play the shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back