Your Maiden collection, what's in it?

chaosapiant

Ancient Marinade
What's in your Iron Maiden collection? Which items are the most rare? How long have you been collecting? Which items hold the most personal or sentimental value to you? That's what this thread is asking. I've been collecting Iron Maiden for over 20 years at this point (technically over 30, but I'm not counting dubbed cassettes) and while my collection is something I'm proud of, I want to see what other folks have, when they got it, how they got it, etc etc. If this thread already exists or needs to exist in another forum or what have you, I apologize. If anyone wants pictures or a full list of what I've collected over the years, just ask!

here's a link to an old geocities page from years back, some of the photo pages still work, looks like I stopped bothering to maintain it around the time Different World was out,

The Soundhouse Tapes is obviously the big item there.
Wow that's an extensive and impressive collection! I keep my stuff updated on Discogs but am not sure how to make it public or what not. And man...Geocities brings back a lot of early 2000s memories for me!

Yeah I used to trade bootlegs which is why I had the site, and I added the official list on to it as a handy way for me to check if I already had something if I spotted a bargain on ebay.

I bought a lot of the heavy duty stuff when I was young and first started working as I had money for the first time and no real overheads or expenses.
There's a few things listed there that I can't remember buying, Even now I can't understand why I bought this :lol:
Metal ManiaGermanyLP1C 038-7379Compilation featuring Transylvania and Sanctuary

If it's just the regular versions of Transylvania and Sanctuary on it then there's nothing special about that, it must have been going cheap or part of a bundle or something.

I used to have a nice Maiden collection that I ended up mostly selling off. The only item I didn't have the heart to part with was the Man on the Edge single box that I'd been looking for forever. So I guess that's it.
I used to have a SIASL promotional mirror that I never saw again anywhere.

I´m not much of a collector anymore to be honest. Sold a few Maiden stuff like Eddie´s Archive, No More Lies Ep, TROBB transparant vinyl and all live albums except Live After Death.
I still have all studio albums (1998 remasters from the debut until FOTD) all the rest original album releases. AMOLAD limited edition with bonus DVD, TFF tin case edition, TBOS deluxe book slipcase edition.
LP´s: TNOTB & SIT
DVD´s: Early Days and LAD.
Books: Ross Halfin photographic history
Iron Maiden songbook, released in 1980 with guitar chords and Black and white pics.
Most prized possession: Graspop 2000 backstage M&G sticker.

Last edited:
My most prized items are my first edition Eddie’s Archive, Best of the Beast double CD with cardboard case and book, and the Empire of the Clouds picture disc.

My big thing starting in 2015 was to get all of Maiden's albums on vinyl. So I do have the complete 1980-88 and 1990-2015 vinyl box sets filled, along with Bruce's Soloworks box set. And Maiden England '88 on pic disc, Somewhere Back in Time and Fear to Eternity pic discs as well. Then I went back and got some of the stuff that wasn't re-released, like original copies of Maiden Japan and Live +1! on vinyl. Finally, starting this year, I wanted all the singles. I started with the first albums and have currently worked my way up to having every single through Fear of the Dark.

I've also been eyeballing some Japanese releases lately as well, including the Japanese release 2CD sets for Virtual XI and X Factor. Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but I usually treat myself to one or two items every paycheck nowadays.

Speaking of vinyl, has anyone seen any cool ways to store and display a large vinyl collection? I just keep mine tucked away on a shelf and occasionally pull them out to pet them.

Edit: Not sure if anyone can view this, but this is my collection as it stands on Discogs:

Last edited:
My collection consists of the studio albums on the remastered CDs, a Trooper coffee mug and poster flags that hang on the wall in the office room of The Number Of The Beast, Piece Of Mind, The Trooper and Somewhere In Time.

Well, I have loads of things in my collection but special things, from the top of my mind, are my Maiden Japan Japanese version, my mint Maiden Japan from Venezuela, my special Maiden England VHS+CD box, The Number Of The Beast Mexican Single, The Red No Prayer For The Dying Vinyl from the US and Volumes 1 & 2 (yes they were sold separately) LAD Colombian Albums, My complete collection of The First Ten Years CD'S, and Steve's wristband from the concert in Colombia in 2008 (seen on the Flight 666 movie - 'Run To The Hills')

Well, I have loads of things in my collection but special things, from the top of my mind, are my Maiden Japan Japanese version, my mint Maiden Japan from Venezuela, my special Maiden England VHS+CD box, The Number Of The Beast Mexican Single, The Red No Prayer For The Dying Vinyl from the US and Volumes 1 & 2 (yes they were sold separately) LAD Colombian Albums, My complete collection of The First Ten Years CD'S, and Steve's wristband from the concert in Colombia in 2008 (seen on the Flight 666 movie - 'Run To The Hills')

Some tasty items there, Maiden Japan Venezuela, wow!

I don't suppose you know if there is anything significant about that Metal Mania (Compilation featuring Transylvania and Sanctuary) that I posted earlier in the thread, as I noticed I also have the Holland pressing of it as well. If I've no idea why I bought one copy of it, I certainly haven't a fuckin' clue why I have two copies! :lol:

Would you mind sharing a picture of your Maiden Japan (Venezuela) record here?

Thank you.

I just did a cursory search on Ebay. Most of the items I sold off back then go for much, much more than what I paid or got for them. I don't think there's a point in trying to reassemble my Maiden collection.

Mostly just fairly common t shirts and mugs here, plus the Empire of the Clouds vinyl, but I do absolutely prize my Bruce Air 2015 haul, which includes a boarding pass signed by Bruce, and a Book of Souls/Empire of the Clouds t shirt which hilariously has the wrong dates on the back. Also, some of us whipped the printed headrest covers from the seats on the plane after being told not to by Mr Phantom Music Management Guy. :blush:

I just did a cursory search on Ebay. Most of the items I sold off back then go for much, much more than what I paid or got for them. I don't think there's a point in trying to reassemble my Maiden collection.
There’s some items that sell for a lot more than I’d ever believe. The Speed of Light CD single goes for like >$60 on EBay and Discogs. And the vinyl remaster box sets (as they were sold, not completed sets) I’ve seen go for $100s. Ridiculous. I really wish they’d re-release A Real Live One and A Real Dead One on vinyl as well as Live at Donington.

Listing at 100 does not mean they get sold though. I bought Anthrax Worship music vinyl for half the price listed on discogs at the local record store (more than half of the stock is metal).

Not much. Got rid of all my cds some years ago. I only own The Book of Souls and Live Chapter on CD. I have some t-shirts, maybe 10 or so and two coffee mugs. I think that's it. I will probably buy the next studio album, but probably not the new live album. I don't think the effort they put in live albums deserve my money.

I am glad I haven't started to collect stuff, because I think I would probably go overboard if I start.

I used to collect fanatically, but idled way back on it since it just went into the collection, rarely to be seen. I have loads of CD singles, vinyls, etc. that I'm going to get around to selling off at some point. Mostly what I collect now is visual merch, the Eddie figures/statues, posters here and there I can frame, and so on.

As for rare stuff, I have the Virtual XI "bubble" promo poster with LED eyes signed by the band, the old Clansman statue, had the 4LP Best of the Beast box set until I recently sold it, original Eddie's Archive, and a bunch more.

Back