Bruce Dickinson

I wouldn't mind seeing Bruce tour solo behind his new album, but only if it's local like his talking gig last year was. If it's "hey travel to Helsinki for a club show" then fuck that. With the state of the world as is it's pretty unlikely he'll be out on tour anytime soon, but we'll see. I might not even be living in the same city by the time Bruce is on a (music) tour!

Yeah, the woman who has been his wife for 30 years just died, everyday business
Lest we forget:

I’m sure it’s still a gut punch of sorts, but it seems like he already moved on emotionally a couple of years ago.

Lest we forget:

I’m sure it’s still a gut punch of sorts, but it seems like he already moved on emotionally a couple of years ago.
I perfectly remember that. But lemme check something.

Yeah they still were married for 30 years. And there’s this thing called “emotions”.

Ever been in any relationship of any sort?
Duh, of course. Multiple multi-year cohabitating relationships including my current one-and-only marriage. That’s a fairly condescending question, by the way.
I can't imagine being with someone for 30 years, because I'm not even that age yet... You never really stop caring about someone you have loved. Moving on is something else entirely.
If you haven’t hit 30 yet, then respectfully, you probably don’t fully understand what love actually is yet, nor how it changes form over time. If someone from a past serious long-term relationship died, I would be a little thrown, but I wouldn’t be cast into despair for the better part of a year. And if my marriage had degraded to the point where I had been separated for 2 years, working on my divorce, and living with my new girlfriend for an extended period of time, then as I said, my soon-to-be-ex-wife dying would be a bit of a gut punch, but it wouldn’t be crippling, because I would have already moved on emotionally some time ago.

People react differently to these sorts of things, of course. And it would be fundamentally different if they were still in a 30+ year happy marriage when this happened. But it’s not callous or ridiculous to suggest that you could mostly get over the death of your soon-to-be-ex-wife in a matter of days or weeks rather than a matter of months.

Last edited:
It is callous to be demanding that your favorite artists produce work and if they don’t then they are excuseless. I want new Bruce material too, but it’s his decision to release it, not mine.
And it’s douchey to play etiquette cop for other people, posturing and strutting to show how socially correct you supposedly are while misrepresenting their views. You do this with some frequency, and I’m not impressed.

When I said he “had better be releasing his solo album by the end of this COVID businesss, because he’s completely out of excuses for not finishing it”, I meant he’d better be releasing it if he wants to have any credibility left on the topic of whether he actually wants to finish it. Of course it’s up to him whether to actually do it or not. That’s obvious.

And it’s douchey to play etiquette cop for other people, posturing and strutting to show how socially correct you supposedly are while misrepresenting their views. You do this with some frequency, and I’m not impressed.

When I said he “had better be releasing his solo album by the end of this COVID businesss, because he’s completely out of excuses for not finishing it”, I meant he’d better be releasing it if he wants to have any credibility left on the topic of whether he actually wants to finish it. Of course it’s up to him whether to actually do it or not. That’s obvious.

He is probably more interested in contributing to the creation of new beers with Robinson and other brewers than to making solo music. Apparently there is another beer coming soon in collaboration with a regional brewer (that is what FC magazine 115 hints at).

Such a shame, as his solo career is filled with great music.

Reactions: Jer
Hope to see solo-album being released (whenever it will be) and then maybe some tours too.
I wonder how many % has been completed on the album? He told about it on the book tour that I saw 2 years ago..

Hope to see solo-album being released (whenever it will be) and then maybe some tours too.
I wonder how many % has been completed on the album? He told about it on the book tour that I saw 2 years ago..

At this rate it will be released to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Tyranny of Souls!

People react differently to these sorts of things, of course. And it would be fundamentally different if they were still in a 30+ year happy marriage when this happened. But it’s not callous or ridiculous to suggest that you could mostly get over the death of your soon-to-be-ex-wife in a matter of days or weeks rather than a matter of months.

And what about Bruce's three children losing their mother? Perhaps that could have an impact on his emotional state as well?

So, to summarize. We don't know when, or if, Bruce will release a solo album. We don't know what he thinks on the matter, all we know is there has been some pre-prod recordings done and IETS was initially supposed to be a solo song.

And that's about it.

If I could hazard a guess, while Maiden is still around, finishing and releasing the album just isn’t a priority. But when Maiden finally comes to a close, that solo album will be a solid outlet for Bruce creatively when his main act can no longer give him that, sorta like it was in the past (only this time in a more final state).

And what about Bruce's three children losing their mother? Perhaps that could have an impact on his emotional state as well?
I don’t know where people are getting the idea that I’m saying folks are robots who don’t mourn. Of course it hurts when people close to you die. Adult children lose senior-aged parents all the time. It sucks, but it’s part of life.

Companies generally give you 3-5 days of free time off to mourn, and then you’re expected to come back to work unless you want to spend vacation days for extra time away. Weeks of mourning wouldn’t be unusual when it’s someone you’re very close to. A few months of mourning might be realistic if it’s your longtime spouse who you were still actively in love with, or if it’s one of your children who died unexpectedly. If you’re still feeling crippling depression beyond that point, rather than dusting yourself off and moving on with some lingering sadness, then you probably need professional help, because you either have PTSD from directly witnessing someone’s violent death, or you’ve managed to dig yourself an unusually deep emotional hole that you’re unable to get yourself out of.

I realize that the only socially acceptable answer here is to act like people with hearts will mourn for years when good people die, but that’s just not how things actually work. I don’t see the point in going along with that myth to score social points.

At this rate it will be released to celebrate the 20th anniversary of Tyranny of Souls!

But what if it's meant like that, new songs added the bonus-disc to celebrate it? Wouldn't that be cool? Definitely for me nope, that's not really it.
Haha, just kidding around with this whole idea..unfornately as I originally heard Bruce mention his solo-album and how IESF would be in there in original (different) version, I already somehow hoped that the album was already in little more ready but I've had little prejudice of what people say there on stage. Adrian's book that he mentioned 2 years ago was surprise then but it has been actually released..anyways, looking forward to anything from Bruce.

About that anniversary release, just like everyone else seem to be releasing them or atleast their record companies feel the need for them.
Im not even gonna think these anniversaries (you know such releases from any big bands), sometimes those releases are nice and sometime not so..especially if you have bought the album for umpteeth time already, bonus-material such as out-takes, rarities, demos, live-stuff etc is interesting and so if the main-album gets somehow even upgraded with somewhat better mastering on cd, then it's interesting.
And like mentioned here, we unfornately know very little of the material and album, but Im gonna let Bruce do whatever he wants.
Just have to have patience and hope this album to materialize someday.

Last edited:
Back