Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

When I worked as a substitute teacher in a primary school, an 11-year-old boy was taken out of my classroom, because another teacher had smelled alcohol in his breath. Turned out the boy had skipped brushing his teeth in the morning, and just used mouth wash. :bigsmile:

When I worked as a substitute teacher in a primary school, an 11-year-old boy was taken out of my classroom, because another teacher had smelled alcohol in his breath. Turned out the boy had skipped brushing his teeth in the morning, and just used mouth wash. :bigsmile:
I'm impressed that the teacher could smell the difference between mouth wash and proper booze, but I find it a bit harsh throwing the kid out of the classroom for not drinking proper stuff.

Thinking of the party now where I emptied an entire bottle of cheap vodka on my own and the next day I made this post:

I just can't remember much German because we had crap teaching and spent most of our time laughing at the teacher because of the strong smell of sweat. Plus we learned some really odd phrases like "Ich habe mein Handtuch verloren." Is there some sort of cultural significance to this?

Some 20 years ago, I once drank a couple of shots of salted liquorice vodka, and my friend says I started babbling about Ricky Lake Show late at night. I have no recollection of any of that, except that I didn't feel very good in the morning. But I'm kind of relieved I kept going on about a TV show, instead of something really embarrassing.

I just can't remember much German because we had crap teaching and spent most of our time laughing at the teacher because of the strong smell of sweat. Plus we learned some really odd phrases like "Ich habe mein Handtuch verloren." Is there some sort of cultural significance to this?
Only if you´re going to a sauna.

Not really. Sometimes a towel is just a towel.

Some 20 years ago, I once drank a couple of shots of salted liquorice vodka, and my friend says I started babbling about Ricky Lake Show late at night. I have no recollection of any of that, except that I didn't feel very good in the morning. But I'm kind of relieved I kept going on about a TV show, instead of something really embarrassing.
What would Ricky Lake think about that?

Well, that was curious: someone just knocked on my door. Strange, because I have a doorbell. I daren't open the door, because I'm here on my own and it wouldn't be safe. Then a lady started calling a man's name. Don't know what it's about.

One night as we were changing bars, a guy in our group stole a bottle of vodka from a 24h shop. He died before it was opened though and we brought it to a pub where a befriended bartender put it in a freezer. We then got a bottle of energy drink and had it between the last three or so men standing.

Back