GREATEST METAL ALBUM CUP - Winner: Iron Maiden - Seventh Son of a Seventh Son!

Well he has 300+ solo albums and over a hundred more collaborative efforts, so uh... yeah, that’s the positive! :p His discography is just very time consuming, but someday I’ll hear them all. I swear!
400+?!? Sounds like it may be impossible to familiarize oneself with his music while having a full-time job. Luckily one can always pick and choose! But you're still young, so I'm sure you can get them all listened. My life may not be long enough to all of them any more, as lovely as they must be. :bigsmile:

Amputated is a band I wouldn't actively listen to, but they're fine and I can understand why Diesel likes them. I prefer my thrash with more melody than Power Trip has.

Atlantean Kodex doesn't give me a headache, so they're an easy pick over Death.

Between the Buried and Me, if only because I don't want Megadeth's debut album to go any further.

The last pair is the only one I had any difficulty with. Both songs/albums are great and I wouldn't mind if either of them got promoted. Buckethead is his usual noodly self, while Primordial delivers thick shadowy riffs.
Buckethead gets my vote because his song was more emotionally involving.

In a one-sided match not seen since Pig Destroyer, Amputated is cut off at the knees by Power Trip. That's all for Amputated, and Power Trip next faces Marilyn Manson.
Atlantean Kodex wins a fairly healthy victory over Death, ending the longest minnow run yet in the game. Although Death is a minnow, they had so much momentum. Big win for the lesser known Kodex. Death, of course, is still active in the Match 10 stream.
Megadeth continues as the now-longest winning minnow, trouncing Between the Buried and Me. That's it for the loser, and next Dave & co. face Dimmu Borgir.
Buckethead defeats Primordial, again, fairly healthily. But although Where Greater Men Have Fallen has fallen, perhaps a greater Primordial album is in the Match 31 stream. You will decide!

R-2177444-1268173615.jpeg.jpg

Skyclad - The Answer Machine? (1997)

How it got here

List entries: n/a
Maidenfans Nominators: @Jer
League 12 - Match 5vs.
Danzig_cover.jpg

Danzig - Danzig (1988)

How it got here

List entries: Rolling Stone 23
Maidenfans Nominators: n/a
Previous Rounds:
League 14: Defeated Bewitched - At the Gates of Hell 18-2.
League 13: Defeated Lacrimosa - Stille 17-4.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ac-dc_Flick_of_the_Switch.JPG

AC/DC - Flick of the Switch (1983)

How it got here

Maidenfans Nominators: @FTB
League 12 - Match 6vs.
Opeth_Orchid.jpg

Opeth - Orchid (1995)

How it got here

Maidenfans Nominators: @Forostar
Previous Rounds:
League 13: Defeated Children of Bodom - Hate Crew Deathroll 14-7.

Cover_lifad.jpg

Rammstein - Liebe ist für alle da (2009)

How it got here

Maidenfans Nominators: @Spambot
League 12 - Match 7vs.
In_Utero_%28Nirvana%29_album_cover.jpg

Nirvana - In Utero (1993)

How it got here

Maidenfans Nominators: @Ariana
Previous Rounds:
League 14: Defeated Spiritual Beggars - Ad Astra 13-9.
League 13: Defeated Cult of Luna / Julie Christmas - Mariner 13-8.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SymphonyXTheDivineWingsOfTragedy.jpg

Symphony X - The Divine Winds of Tragedy (1997)

How it got here

Maidenfans Nominators: @Lampwick 43
League 12 - Match 8vs.
AcceptBlindRage.jpg

Accept - Blind Rage (2014)

How it got here

Maidenfans Nominators: @Kalata
Previous Rounds:
League 13: Defeated Strapping Young Lad - City 13-8.

Easiest round yet!

• The first 5 seconds of that Skyclad song are more interesting than anything on Danzig's record. Vocals are a bit weak, but the music is incredibly interesting.
  • Hahahahahahahahaha Opeth
  • LOL Rammstein
  • HAHAHAHA LOL ROTFLMAO fuckin' Symphony X

I’m always going to vote against Danzig and Rammstein. Orchid, Divine Wings of Tragedy, and In Utero stand as some of my all time favorite albums. In Utero is probably the most “metal” sounding Nirvana album, specifically Scentless Apprentice.

Back