Maiden Trivia Of The Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luisma

Years Wasted
I've been promoting my ebook by doing this in different places and have been getting a great response so I thought I post some of them here and bring something different to this forum that has been a bit slow lately. Feel free to ask, comment, or share your experiences if the posts interest you...

Welcome to the Maiden Trivia Of The Day, brought to you by the Detailed Discography Of The Beast http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

Maiden started doing things on this date, very early on. As a matter of fact, one of their earliest concerts took place on this date 43 years ago at the first Maiden stronghold, the Cart & Horses in Stratford. Oh! And did you know they also played on this date in 1977? Yes, they played at The Harrow in Barking.

Iron Maiden, Eddie & The Boys also were on stage on this day during the first official tour Maiden did in 1980. The concert took place at the Locarno in Portsmouth and it was originally scheduled for June 3, but it was moved to this date.

Maiden also played on this date, supporting Judas Priest, in 1981. It was the first gig of the American Leg of the “Point Of Entry” Tour of Judas Priest and it took place at the Capital Centre in Largo. After this concert, the band didn’t perform on this here date for a good amount of years, that’s it, until the Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour, when they played at the Civic Centre in Saginaw. After this one, 1992, also saw Eddie rocking the stage in the Cow Palace in San Francisco California.

The next concert that Maiden played on this date was with Blaze at the helm. In that occasion the Pine Knob Music Theatre in Clarkston was the privileged crowd. Oh, I almost forgot, this was in the year 1998. Oh! Speaking of years, 10 YEARS would pass until Maiden played again in July 1, and let me tell you, a lot of things happened on this gig that took place at the Omnisport De Bercy Arena in Paris.

Maiden has played 5 more concerts on this day. First one was in Gothenburg at the Ullevi Stadium (2011), the second one at the Herchesfeld-Roeser in Luxembourg (2014), a third one in Sopron during the Volt Festival (2016), fourth at the Glen Helen Amphitheater (2017) and fifth and last one at the FelreDome in Arhem (2018).

Ta-da! Farewell, my friends! And remember to check the ebook at the link above!

1593621196565.jpeg

Hello boys and girls! Welcome to another edition of the Maiden Trivia Of The Day for July 2nd.

The first concert Maiden played on this here date was 43 years ago at The Harrow in Barking, can you imagine having been witness to that gig? Oh, but this date also saw another historic event in Maiden’s life, let me tell you. In 1979 Maiden played another one of those incredible concerts at the Music Machine in Camden Town, along with Samson & Angel Witch. Now, this gig must have been something to witness!

The next couple of times that Maiden performed on this date was as supporting band. The first one was in 1981, at the Convention Hall in Asbury Park while supporting Judas Priest on their “Point Of Entry” Tour. The second one was in 1982, at the UICC Pavillion in Chicago, supporting Scorpion’s in their “Blackout” Tour.

The first time that Maiden played as a headline act on this date was in 1983, during the World Piece Tour. The concert was held in the Cow Palace in San Francisco. This one was followed by their headline gig at Detroit’s Joe Louis Arena in 1988, during the Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour.
1992 also saw Maiden playing on this date, this time, at the Irvine Meadows Amphitheatre. Hmmm, it seems that Maiden likes to be in the US in July eh?! As a matter of fact, the next concert they played on July 2nd was during the Virtual XI World Tour, and it was at the Nautica Stage in Cleveland.
Entering the new millennia, we find that Maiden played at the Song Festival Grounds in Tallin (2000), the Spektrum in Oslo (2003), the Flugplatz Roitzschjora (Damn, what a name!) in Lobnitz (2005), the Omnisport De Bercy Arena in Paris (2008) & at the Prudential Center in Newark (2012).

And that’s all I got for you today, remember that if you love Maiden trivia, the ebook DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST is what you need, get it at http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

All the Be(a)st!

1593711671537.jpeg

@Luisma Have you thought in make a new chronological book with important dates and notes like these that you're posting? I have a Led Zeppelin book made on this way and it's very interesting. Cheers!

Yes! As a matter of fact that's on what I'm working on since I started selling the other one. I'm currently in 1982 and let me tell you that so far I have been loving all the facts I have put "on paper". Maiden fans are gonna love this one!

@Luisma You probably will but I ask it anyway: did you write about Maidens first gig outside the UK at the Wheelpop festival in Belgium? (listening to the bootleg right now)

Last edited:
Yes I did. There are some great trivia facts about that concert. One of them was that it was the first time Maiden & Krew met Nicko as he was playing on that festival with McKitty.

Todays trivia from me: I have seen Maiden twice on the 28th of May. 2017 and 2018.

“I’ll make sure you’ll never play North London again,” said the landlord of the Windsor Castle to Steve, 41 years ago, because the band refused to play before their fans arrived. Wonder where is that landlord now!?

My dear friends, how are all of you today? Welcome to another Maiden Trivia Of The Day for July 3.

Lots of cool things to remember today as Maiden has done some pretty interesting things on this date through the years. For example, playing at The Marquee in London in 1980. This was the concert featured in the 20th Century Box TV Program – a series of regional documentaries on elements of youth culture in London – and gave us a pair of incredible excerpts of Phantom Of The Opera and Drifter that can be seen in 12 Wasted Years Documentary and The History Of Iron Maiden Part 1: The Early Days - Disc 2. Now, here’s another thing about this concert that many people don’t realise, which is, that THEY FILMED THE WHOLE THING, so who knows? Maybe someday we’ll get to see the whole thing!

Another slightly relevant thing that happened in the world of Maiden on this date was that Nigel Green & Mr. Harris finished the final mix for the song ‘Look For The Truth’ of The X Factor.

The third special thing that Maiden has done on this date was in 2016, when they played a show at the Wroclaw Stadium. This show was completely filmed and recorded and the version of ‘Death Or Glory’ that they used in the Book Of Souls: Live Chapter was taken out from this show.

Now, speaking of shows being played on this day, we can see that the band has been pretty active since they have played a total of 12 concerts (not counting the ones I have mentioned above) this being:

1981 - Salisbury – Wicomico Youth & Civic Centre (Supporting Judas Priest on their “Point Of Entry” Tour)
1982 - Buffalo - Richfield Coliseum (Superfest XV)
1983 - Sacramento – Memorial Auditorium
1985 - San Jose – Civic Auditorium
1988 - Cleveland – Richfield Coliseum
2003 - Oslo – Spektrum
2005 - Weert – Sportpark Boshoven
2010 - Toronto – The Molson Amphitheatre
2011 - Werchter - Rock Werchter Festival
2013 - Lodz – Atlas Arena
2014 - Arras - Citadelle d'Arras
2017 - Las Vegas – T-Mobile Arena

Remember, if you can, help me support my family by buying a great ebook at http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

1593803007119.jpeg

Hello there! Another Monday and another Maiden Trivia Of The Day, Detailed Discography Of The Beast Edition for July 6.

Well, let’s see what we have for today. The first relevant thing Maiden did on this date was a gig they played at the Ruskin Arms in 1979, and how about that! It was THE only concert Paul Di’Anno played with Maiden on this date.

The next gig they played on this date was in 1982, while supporting Scorpions in North America. The concert took place at the Civic Center in Danville, as I said, during the Scorpions “Blackout” Tour.

Maiden also played on this day during the Seventh Tour Of A Seventh Tour at the Mid Hudson Civic Centre in Poughkeepsie (what a funny name eh?). And, as a matter of fact, it would be the last time Bruce played on this date until he returned to the band in 1999.

Speaking of singers, Blaze, while in Maiden, also played on this date in 1996. It was at The Midtfyns Festival. Lots of problems with the monitors on stage at this one but the band managed to play a good set, although Janick got confused and changed the order of one of the songs in the setlist ('2 Minutes To Midnight' instead of 'The Evil That Men Do'.)

Entering the new Brave World, yes, we have that Maiden next concert on this date was during the Brave New World/Metal 2000 World Tour. The gig was at the Hallenstadion in Zurich.

2005 also saw Maiden played on this date at the Hartwall Arena, in Helsinki. Here’s an excerpt of Nicko’s Diary for that occasion.

5 years after the one I mentioned above, Eddie & the boys played on the Blue Festival in Ottawa and the following year at the Telenor in Oslo.

Only 3 more gigs have been played by Maiden on this date:

2013 - Oberhausem - Open Air an der Köpi-Arena
2016 - Zilina – Zilina Airport
2018 - Paris - AccorHotels Arena

Remember to go to http://subscribepage.com/luisma666 buy the ebook and get a TON of benefits by also joining the exclusive FB group.

1594057910739.jpeg

Scream to me everywhere! Screeeaaaaaammm to me everywhere! Welcome to another Maiden Trivia Of The Day for July 7.

Well, this one seems to be a short one as Maiden hasn’t done a lot on this date, however, here we goooooo…..

The first concert Maiden performed on this date was during the Judas Priest “Point Of Entry” in the USA, all those years ago (39 to be precise). The gig took place at the Stanley Theatre in Pittsburgh.

The following year, Maiden also played a concert on this date, this time supporting Scorpions on their “Blackout” Tour, this time at the Five Seasons Arena in Cedar Rapids.

In 1983, Eddie and the boys also played on this date, this time headlining at the Orange Pavillion in San Bernardino. There's also a cool trivia fact on this day which you can find in my ebook!

Next concert Maiden played on this date was in 1992, this time at the Freeman Coliseum in San Antonio, Texas. This would be, as a matter of fact, the last time for a long while, that Maiden fronted by Bruce would play on this date.

Also on this day, but in 1998, Maiden + Blaze played at the Roseland Ballroom in New York City.

The next time that Maiden played on this date was 15 years ago at the Hartwall Arena in Helsinki. Now, here’s a kind of sad trivia fact. I don’t know if you remember, but on the morning of this day, 15 years ago, London suffered a terrorist attack. A fanatic with a bomb blew himself up and took the lives of about 60 people and hurt a lot more, so in the concert, Bruce dedicated ‘Remember Tomorrow’ to all those people who got hurt or killed on that incident. Let’s hope we don’t get to see that kind of thing anytime soon or ever again!

Moving on to brighter things, Maiden also played on this day 10 years ago at the Centre Ball in Montreal.

Eddie & the boys have also played on this day in 2012 at the Ottawa Bluesfest.

The last concert (for now) that Maiden has performed on this date was in 2017, at Usana Amphitheater in Salt Lake City.

And that’s all for now boys and girls. Do keep safe and all the be(a)st!

1594148584030.jpeg

DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST is the result of 30 years of research, starting from the very beginnings of the band to the present, giving tons of trivia facts that haven’t been told anywhere else simply because some people will never gain access to some kind of information. There are NO secret theories, NO interpretation about what each song means, just FACTS directly from the mouths of past & present members of the band, management, old road crew members & the single/record producers that have help Maiden become what they are. Visit http://subscribepage.com/luisma666 to find more that you could ever think of about Maiden.

Welcome to the Maiden Trivia Of The Day for July 9.

So, let’s see, first thing Maiden did on this here date, was play a concert pretty near to where Harris lived, that’s Leytonstone for all of you boys and girls, at a pub known as The Plough & Harrow.

The next gigs the band played on this day was as a supporting band. The first one was at the Civic Centre in Myrtle Beach, supporting Judas Priest on their “Point Of Entry” US Tour and the second one, at the Kiel Auditorium in St. Louis, supporting Scorpions on their “Blackout” Tour in the US.
1983, also saw the band playing on this date, this time as headliners at a place that would actually see them record one of the best live albums ever recorded the following year. Of course, I’m talking about the Long Beach Arena in Los Angeles.

A good amount of years passed before Maiden played again on this date again. This time, the gig was in 1992, and it was played at the Sandstone Amphitheatre in Kansas City.

11 years would pass after the 1992 concert until the moment Maiden played again at the Atlântico Pavilhão Multiusos in Lisbon.

Fortunately for us, Maiden wouldn’t wait another 11 years to play again on this date and, as a matter of fact, they played an amazing concert at the Ullevi Stadium in Gothenburg in 2005.

4 more concerts were played by Maiden on this date:

2008 - Lisbon – Parque do Tejo – Parque das Nações
2016 - Viveiro - Resurrection Festival
2017 - Lincoln – Pinnacle Bank Arena
2018 - Milan - San Siro Ippodromo

And so my friends, that’s all for now. Hope you’re having or had a wonderful day and enjoy the Ullevi Concert all over again.

All the be(a)st

1594330710172.jpeg

Welcome everybody to another edition of the Maiden Trivia Of The Day for July 14.

Maiden started playing on this date very early, 1979 to be precise, when they played, along with Samson & Saxon, in the Civic Hall at a gig promoted as “Heavy Metal Returns to Guildford.” And to think that just 3 years after that concert they would be supporting Scorpions in their “Blackout” Tour, in the Salt Palace at Salt Lake City, USA. Oh! and speaking about amazing things, the next concert that Maiden played on July 14 was as headliners and in the McNichols Arena in Denver.

Now, let me tell you. For a good amount of years, 9 to be precise, Maiden didn’t play on this date, so the next time Eddie & the boys rocked the stage on this day was in 1992, when they played at the Riverport Arts Center in St. Louis.

Mr. Blaze Bayley also managed to play on this day with Maiden, and also in USA, when the Virtual XI World Tour made a stop at the Celebrity Theatre in Phoenix.

The second official date of the Ed Hunter Tour was also played on this date, this time in Canada, when the boys stopped at the Agora Du Vieux-Port in Quebec City.

3 more concerts were played on this day, and here they are:

2010 - Pittsburgh - First Niagara Pavilion
2012 - Sarnia – Bayfest
2018 - Madrid - Wanda Metropolitano

Hope you enjoyed this entry and keep on rockin’ my friends and remember that if you want to learn more and more stuff about your favourite band, all you have to do is go and hit the subscribe button at http://subscribepage.com/luisma666

July 14.jpg

I know you'd have gone insane if you saw what I saw

Now I've got to look for sanctuary from the law… Where’s Adrian?

Ha! Welcome, once again to the Maiden Trivia Of The Day brought to you by THE BEST Maiden book in years, DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST, 1128 pages full of Maiden trivia for every fan! Just go to and http://subscribepage.com/luisma666 get the info. No waiting, no excuses, just pay, get the book and enter the exclusive FB group.

Well, well, well let’s see, hmmm yes. 44 years ago! The boys played at the Cart & Horses, their first stronghold without a doubt.

1977, also saw them played, but this time at The Harrow in Barking.

Moving on, we find that the only time that Paul Di-Di-Di’anno played on this date was in 1981, while supporting Judas Priest in their “Point Of Entry” US Tour at the Hara Arena y Dayton.

The next time Maiden would play on this here date, would be in 1988, at the Nassau Coliseum in Uniondale.

1992 also found Eddie and the boys givin’ their best at the stage at the Starwood Amphitheatre in Nashville.

2005 was the next time that Maiden played on this here date. This time it was at the Tweeter Center in Mansfield, under the Ozzfest banner. Well, let me tell you, during ‘Sanctuary’, some stupid person decided it was a good idea to throw a cup to Adrian who got hit and got very angry. He pointed the finger at the person and ended up throwing his guitar away and left the stage when he was supposed to be playing the solo. Soon after, he returned to the stage, pointed the finger to the place where the “fan” was and made him a gesture like challenging him to a fight.

I think everyone (but Nicko for obvious reasons) and Dave, are the only guys in the band who I have never seen do this.

Anyway, moving on to more positive memories, 5 years after that Ozzfest incident, Maiden would play at the Blossom Music Center in Cleveland.

And the last concert (for now) that Maiden has played on July 15 was 3 years ago at the Budweiser Stage in Toronto, Canada.

Be the be(a)st that you can be today!

July 15.jpg

Attachments

• July 15.jpg
    July 15.jpg
    675.1 KB · Views: 1
Finally Friday of another crazy week of this 2020 and another opportunity to enjoy the Maiden Trivia Of The Day and get the DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST at and http://subscribepage.com/luisma666. No waiting, no excuses, just pay and get 1128 pages full of Maiden info PLUS exclusive info every day in the exclusive FB group

So, let’s see, the first Maiden concert performed on this day was in 1981, while Maiden was supporting Judas Priest on their “Point Of Entry” Tour in the US. The concert was played at Shea’s Theater in Buffalo.

The next concert the band played on this date was also supporting, this time, the German band Scorpions, on their “Blackout” Tour in the Anaheim Stadium in the US.

The third concert that the boys played on this date was at the Civic Centre in Amarillo, this time headlining under the banner of the World Piece Tour.

1988 also saw Eddie & the boys on the stage, coincidentally, also on North America, this time at the Worcester Centrum.

Well, how about that! I have just realised that all but one of the concerts that Maiden have played on this date, have been performed in the US. And here’s the list:

1992 - Miami - Sunrise Theatre

1999 - New York – Hammerstein Ballroom – This was one of the 3 concerts after Bruce and Adrian re-joined the band that saw Maiden performing as a 5-piece because Adrian’s father had passed away so he went to his funeral.

2005 - Hartford – Meadows Music Center

Oh and here’s a bit of trivia for you. 14 years ago, 'The Reincarnation of Benjamin Breeg' video was posted on the band’s official website and not a lot of people know that the video had initially been released only for paying fan club members, but it was leaked within minutes and viewed by many fans who posted the link on various Iron Maiden discussion forums.

Moving on with the concerts that have been played on this day we have just 2 more:

2010 - Detroit - DTE Energy Music Theatre and the only gig that has been played outside of the US on this date is the one that the band performed in 2018, at the Piazza Unità d'Italia in Trieste, Italy.

July 17.jpg

And after all the adrenalin's gone what you gonna do on Monday?
What you gonna do? What you gonna do…? On Monday?

Welcome, my dear friends, to another Maiden Trivia Of The Day for July 20! And seeing that this is a post where we talk about the extraordinary book full of trivia facts called the DETAILED DISCOGRAPHY OF THE BEAST which you can get at http://subscribepage.com/luisma666 why not start by saying that TODAY it’s been 9 years since the release of the Coming Home promo single.

Oh! And in case you’re wondering what’s the difference between the promo version and the album edit go to page 951 of the eBook and read all about it. What?! You don’t have the book?! What are you waiting for?! Go now to link I posted above and find out all about it! You’re going to love it Maiden fans!

Now, speaking about gigs that the band played on this date, we have that the first concert they played on July 20 was in 1979. The concert was held at the Boogie House in Norwich and it is, as a matter of fact, the only concert that Di’Anno played on this date with Maiden, uhum, how about that?

The next concert that was held on this date took place in 1982, while Maiden was supporting Scorpions on their “Blackout” Tour. The gig took place at the Memorial Arena in Victoria, USA.

The following year, Maiden also played on this date, this time headlining while on their World Piece Tour, at the Coliseum in El Paso, Texas.

1988 was the next time that Eddie & the boys would be on the stage on this date. This time it would be at the Civic Centre in Providence.

11 years would pass until Maiden fans would see Maiden again play on this date, however, and here’s another trivia fact for all of you, on this day in 1992, Keith Wilford wrote his part for what would be the Fear Of The Dark Tour Programme.

Oh by the way, the concert that Maiden played 11 years ago, took place in the Massey Hall in Toronto and it would be the third concert that Adrian missed in 1999, due to the passing of this father.

5 more concerts have taken place on this date:

2010 - Bristow - Jiffy Lube Live
2011 – Glasgow - SECC
2013 - Helsinki – Olympiastadion
2018 - Athens – Terra Vibe Park
2019 - Atlanta - Cellairis Amphitheatre at Lakewood

July 20.jpg

And that’s all for today my friends. Keep safe!

5 more concerts have taken place on this date:
--
2013 - Helsinki – Olympiastadion

Ah, I was there and that night is definitely up there with the first two LOTB shows as one of my favourite concerts. :) Great memories.

Bummed as many fans, me included, were about the omission of Infinite Dreams, I'm eternally grateful for the chance to see songs like Phantom of the Opera, Moonchild, The Clairvoyant, The Prisoner, Afraid to Shoot Strangers and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son live... and that was also one of the better Aces High nights for Bruce. So yeah, a dream come true for me, especially since Seventh Son was and still is probably the very favourite Maiden album for me. And when I started listening to Maiden and properly discoverimg their touring cycles and whatnot around 2007-2008, I wasn't too sure if I'll ever get to hear some of those songs.

Thanks for these trivia pieces! I'll get the ebook too for sure! :)

Ah, I was there and that night is definitely up there with the first two LOTB shows as one of my favourite concerts. :) Great memories.

Bummed as many fans, me included, were about the omission of Infinite Dreams, I'm eternally grateful for the chance to see songs like Phantom of the Opera, Moonchild, The Clairvoyant, The Prisoner, Afraid to Shoot Strangers and Seventh Son of a Seventh Son live... and that was also one of the better Aces High nights for Bruce. So yeah, a dream come true for me, especially since Seventh Son was and still is probably the very favourite Maiden album for me. And when I started listening to Maiden and properly discoverimg their touring cycles and whatnot around 2007-2008, I wasn't too sure if I'll ever get to hear some of those songs.

Thanks for these trivia pieces! I'll get the ebook too for sure! :)

That must have been great @Randalf! Last time I saw the Maiden boys were also on the LOTB in Italy. Awesome concert without a doubt :)

About the omission of Infinite Dreams, I totally understand you. I was hoping they would play it included when they did the whole Maiden England Tour but for one reason or the other, they decided not to included (many argue that it was due to Bruce not being able to reach the high notes). Oh by the way! I also have SSOSS on my top favourite albums... Funny thing is that when I bought it, many, many years ago, I didn't like it so much but once I saw the Maiden England video I started to pay attention to the songs and fell in love with the whole album.

Doing this trivia stuff is a lot of work but I do enjoy every piece of it and kind comments like yours encourage me to keep doing them... Hope you get the ebook soon and join the exclusive FB group where the trivia posts are expanded with more info and videos!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back