Iced Earth

Jon Schaffer is the gift that keeps on giving:

He was doing an interview with a MetalSucks podcast. The Blabbermouth article seems to have transcribed most, if not all, of it and there's a video too. Some good stuff from Jon in there.
  • I believe this is a psychological warfare campaign on the people more than it is a serious pandemic.
  • I knew this was coming — I wrote about it, I warned about it. People weren't paying attention. So it is what it is. [you know]
  • I'm just telling you, man — there's so much evidence out there. And if you understand the game plan of the handlers themselves, then you'll understand... because I've read their game plan, I've read their battle plan, I've read their books, so I know what they're up to
  • I've done thousands of hours of research... this whole movement is being funded by a very small group of people that have very dark designs for the future of humanity and the world... I mean, it's just clear. It affirms everything that I've studied for decades
  • It's not a paranoid conspiracy theory; it's a conspiracy fact
  • if somebody gets in a car crash and has the genetic material of a coronavirus, which most of us have, because we've had colds and flus in our life. They're classifying everything as a COVID-related death
  • Most of the hospitals are empty. It's a gigantic level of fraud
  • look at these criminals like Bill Gates and Fauci... and there is a plan, and it's all to vaccinate everybody, and look out. Because this is death cult that's running this whole situation.
:huh:

Jon is bat shit crazy.

Yes, but it's 'Come What May.
Theresa May bias.

gettyimages-545322460.jpg

Schaffer is like an abusive alcoholic family father. He's done terrible things in the past which he never acknowledged or apologised for. But you still love him, so you hope that what he did is in the past and won't happen again... because he can be a great guy and your life is great when he's on top. And at those times, you almost forget his abuse. But there lingers a nagging, indistinct fear in the back of your head that one day you come home and find that, with no forewarning, he's drunk again and the monster that is inside of him resurfaces.

Today is such a day.

All three Iced Earth albums with Stu Block have been good. I don't think a theoretical future in which Matt Barlow is once again the Iced Earth singer would be anything like as good as some want it to be. Some people have built up this fan fiction about it time and time again but I think only disappointment lies down that road. Much like the constant requests for KK Downing to return to Judas Priest and Mike Portnoy to rejoin Dream Theater, this has become pathetic. Let it be.

I know that Jon and Matt are still good friends (I think Matt married Jon's sister?) but part of me wonders if they still have a good relationship because Matt isn't in the band anymore. I know nothing about his political views, but can you imagine having to work with this guy and spend months touring with him? Jon is a lunatic and having to hear about all his bullshit opinions must drive people up the wall.

All three Iced Earth albums with Stu Block have been good. I don't think a theoretical future in which Matt Barlow is once again the Iced Earth singer would be anything like as good as some want it to be. Some people have built up this fan fiction about it time and time again but I think only disappointment lies down that road. Much like the constant requests for KK Downing to return to Judas Priest and Mike Portnoy to rejoin Dream Theater, this has become pathetic. Let it be.
No need for fan fiction, we know what Barlow rejoining Iced Earth sounds like and it was even worse than the Ripper albums.

If you take the 1-2 best songs off of the last 4-5 albums you would have one good album.
That's quite harsh I think. If the Something Wicked albums had been combined into one with the best songs kept (slim pickings I know) and the pointless interludes removed then we might have had a decent album (at best). At least it would have the same singer and maintained a more cohesive (if completely ridiculous) storyline.

I like all three albums with Stu Block and I'm happy with them as they are.

Plagues is probably their worst record, but Dystopia has some good moments and Incorruptible is pretty consistently strong. Barlow may have made it better, but Stu does a good job with what Jon’s going for.

I think Jon is Blabbermouth's new KK Downing. He's also been speaking to Audio Ink Radio about stuff and had a bit of a pandemic tirade.

The stuff transcribed in the Blabbermouth article starts off fine as he's talking about how he sympathizes with bands who've had tours cancelled and this would have been a year off for Iced Earth anyway. The he starts complaining about how governments have handled everything this year:

"I disagree completely with the way the governments have handled the whole thing. I mean, we've had plenty of pandemics through the history of mankind, and you don't shut down the global economy. I mean, the fallout — I personally don't believe for a minute that the governments of the world love us so much that they're willing to collapse the entire global economy to make sure people don't die. I mean, that's just not the way government thinks. So I feel like there's another agenda in place here, and it's rolling out day by day, so we'll see. But it's been devastating for millions of people all over the place, so it's not just the music business. There's a lot of people that are really suffering from this. Time will tell. But I'm not relying on anything right now. And honestly, I'm not in the frame of mind to be working on an Iced Earth record at this particular moment."

Seems to me like you're the expert Jon!

LokN.gif

Fingers crossed for more bullshit conspiracy theories from Jon soon.

Back