Iron Maiden confirmed on the "Download TV Festival" - June 12-14

This era is the best when it comes to bootleg coverage, up to that date.
Including one I've just stumbled upon: it is a rather good quality, full bootleg and an example of Bruce doing the minimum, as had been reproached to him by Steve.

There are several, pro shot boots of 92/93 performances in various stage of completion. They have one thing in common - none of them has Be Quick or Be Dead
This one has:

Last edited:
It's a shame, because the quality of his voice here is actually quite good and the setlist is so unique!
While it's evident Bruce was just going through the motions pulling the bare minimum, it's still far from allegedly just mumbling through the set on occassion, as Steve put it. The quotes on the officiol biography from Steve was meant to be taken literally too, so Steve was obviously exaggerating.

Forgot about Mexico '92 boot. I have it but the sound is worse than Berlin audience record you posted (btw I haven't seen that one yet, so thanks :)).

allegedly just mumbling through the set on occassion, as Steve put it.

There is definitely gigs like that, Turin is the worst, if we give him the benefit of the doubt for that gig because some cunt spat at him, but that one definitely counts as mumbling through the gig, if I remember correctly he couldn't be bother singing some verses at all in one or two of the songs.

EDIT: I have 3 audio boots from that tour, Turin as I mentioned above, Dublin which is a good performance and Milan which I can't remember what it was like, and Arnhem, Bremen and Milan video boots which I have no recollection of. My memories is that there was definitely more performances than Turin that were poor, but I can't be bothered checking to verify, unless someone really wants me to :lol:

There is definitely gigs like that, Turin is the worst, if we give him the benefit of the doubt for that gig because some cunt spat at him, but that one definitely counts as mumbling through the gig, if I remember correctly he couldn't be bother singing some verses at all in one or two of the songs.

EDIT: I have 3 audio boots from that tour, Turin as I mentioned above, Dublin which is a good performance and Milan which I can't remember what it was like, and Arnhem, Bremen and Milan video boots which I have no recollection of. My memories is that there was definitely more performances than Turin that were poor, but I can't be bothered checking to verify, unless someone really wants me to :lol:
Scrolling through the youtube upload of said show. 2 Minutes 2 Midnight is ridiculous.

At least, it was original to hear him modulate the vocal lines (it is sure better than the treatment given to the chorus of "No More Lies" live).

I didn't want to say it as it's a low blow, but even when he's taking the piss it still sounds better than some of Balze!!1's versions of some tracks.

Back