BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Not sure where the Layne is a limited singer talk is coming from. His range is pretty remarkable. The guy is one of the most effortless singers I've ever heard. So many singers really push for that killer rock tone and never get there, Staley got that dirty tone out even when he was half-dead on stage singing at a relatively quieter volume over acoustic guitars.

Not sure where the Layne is a limited singer talk is coming from. His range is pretty remarkable. The guy is one of the most effortless singers I've ever heard. So many singers really push for that killer rock tone and never get there, Staley got that dirty tone out even when he was half-dead on stage singing at a relatively quieter volume over acoustic guitars.

Im not sure where this is coming from either. Did I miss a post?
LC called him overrated, but the worst he got anywhere else was “Kennedy is better.”

Im not sure where this is coming from either. Did I miss a post?
LC called him overrated, but the worst he got anywhere else was “Kennedy is better.”

It's a response to LC, and to a general sentiment I tend to come across. It also relates to the comparison between him and Kennedy, with Kennedy being a powerhouse singer with quite a range.

I think grunge singers (or alternative rock singers in general) tend to get pigeonhold as people who can only sing that particular style, excluding the ones who have branched out to other genres.

In the words of the Who, I can Chris for Myles and Myles and Myles and Myles...

(see that, Ariana? Am I being a good boy now?)

I mean, WTF, Soundgarden were supposed to be the band to save rock for the turn of the millennium. What happened???

you-were-the-chosen-one-obi-wan-kenobi.gif

Cornell was quite good, but Pat is the female Dio.

Might be, but I'd take Cornell over Dio any day of the week anyway. More variation, actually; if I wanted a raspy roar for the whole of the album, I'd still rather take Fogerty.

But with this band becoming, like, a weird variation on Rush it's a moot point anyway. US college hipsters unite!

Back