Judas Priest

I just listened to Unleashed In The East for the first time (in spite of my ambivalence towards live albums) and YES! This is superb!

Every song has new life breathed into it - Exciter doesn't sound as thin, Tyrant goes from "hard surf rock" to a much more punchy song, and my favourite 70's Priest song (Sinner) is speedy and vivacious.
I've actually started appreciating a few more songs thanks to this, like Diamonds And Rust and Green Manalishi.
Oh, and this was the 2001 remaster, and the bonus tracks do not disappoint.

Edit: Nice mix, especially the guitars - they've got a distorted chugging low end and turn buttery smooth on the high notes.

Last edited:
I just listened to Unleashed In The East for the first time (in spite of my ambivalence towards live albums) and YES! This is superb!

Every song has new life breathed into it - Exciter doesn't sound as thin, Tyrant goes from "hard surf rock" to a much more punchy song, and my favourite 70's Priest song (Sinner) is speedy and vivacious.
I've actually started appreciating a few more songs thanks to this, like Diamonds And Rust and Green Manalishi.
Oh, and this was the 2001 remaster, and the bonus tracks do not disappoint.

Edit: Nice mix, especially the guitars - they've got a distorted chugging low end and turn buttery smooth on the high notes.

It is a great album, although it should have been named Unleashed in the Eastudio...

It is a great album, although it should have been named Unleashed in the Eastudio...
I don't care about that - it sounds great. Rob is clearly having a gay old time singing (pun intended), and the both the audience noise and band chatter is kept to a minimum. The "liveness" may have been sacrificed, but the music benefits from it.

Priest would never close an Iron Maiden tour. Why are we talking about this again?
614de537ea516c274f9c95e722fbf9d5.gif

Back