Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

End me, I placed the burekas 20 minutes ago in the oven and it didn't progress. I activated only the lights and didn't heat it up :facepalm:

Last edited:
I knew I'd seen a pre-Jackson design that featured the eye. It is based on original artwork by Tolkien.
LOTR01.png
My sister has an edition with Tolkien's original illustrations. It made me think maybe he didn't need to use quite so many words, if he was going to illustrate it anyway? You know, if he could have cut out a thousand words for each picture ...

The Boyfriend, however, was keen to have the edition with Alan Lee's illustrations. And it must be said, they are a thing of beauty.

Dude I've worked with for over a year came into work wearing a A Matter of Life and Death shirt and I kinda did a double take and was like "Holy shit man, did you see that tour". He said he didn't. I then told him that was my favorite reunion album, told I loved Colours, Lord of Light, etc. and I told him I was lucky enough to see For the Greater Good of God last year. The whole time he just nodded along and said "yep" maybe twice. After I was done he just walked away without a word.

Why can't I ever find anyone to engage with about heavy metal music in public. I can't tell you how many times I've had this happen to me to where I find someone repping Motörhead or Maiden or whatever in public and I'll go up, introduce myself, and tell em thats my favorite band and they literally could not care less. Life is pain.

Last edited:
I found out how to block embedded Youtube videos on the forum, so the Now Playing thread will actually load up properly now and not crash my browser.

Fuck you Magnus and Sixes!

Oh yes. Not to mention the evil Calormen being pretty much Muslims. We had a scary Methodist teacher at school who insisted on pointing out all the poorly hidden Christian stuff in the Narnia books.

Or one of the sisters going to hell in the final book because she wore make up.

I got the computer last year - there's nothing wrong with it. There's absolutely no need for 20 embedded Youtube videos on one page and it slows down the browser which struggles to load the page. This has often caused to browser to freeze and require a CTRL+ALT+DELETE to close the browser then start again.

Even my phone can load up those pages without problem. There has to be something wrong with your computer then.

Just for the record, I agree about excessive YouTube videos in Now Playing. Unless it's a live video or something special, there's no need to post YouTube links there.

I have an ancient computer that bitches about everything, but it has no problem loading these pages either. Maybe the problem is with your internet connection.

Just for the record, I agree about excessive YouTube videos in Now Playing. Unless it's a live video or something special, there's no need to post YouTube links there.
Would be great if the Mods could do something about that then.

Even my phone can load up those pages without problem. There has to be something wrong with your computer then.
I'm afraid @Night Prowler is correct @Black Wizard. Regardless of what you may feel about embedded videos, you need to look into it. It's not that taxing for a properly performing computer to load such pages.
I have an ancient computer that bitches about everything, but it has no problem loading these pages either. Maybe the problem is with your internet connection.
There
Is
Nothing
Wrong
With
My
Computer
Or
Internet
Connection.

I want forum pages to load efficiently and when pages are spammed up with Youtube videos they don't load as efficiently as I'd like. I've had this laptop for a year and there is definitely nothing wrong with it.

Back