BEST BAND EVER: Results!

Actually now that I think of it, for me the group of death so far is definitely the one with Halford, Papa Het, Arch and the other guy.

Ouch! After a really low bar round we've got 3 heavy weights (Dev, Dio and Dave) and a really good singer (Roger).
Man I got to be honest... talent wise those 3 guys are top notch vocal beasts. For people that aren't too familiarized With Gahan's voice at his best just check Songs Of Faith And Devotion Live: it's unbelievable. Dio has stunned us for decades as we all know (or should know).
But I'll go with Dev. Not only due to admitted "fanboyism" but also due to the fact that he's the more versatile from the lot and I think that alone is a fair tie breaker.

BTW just a non important detail but there's a major band missing in Devin Townsend acts history: Steve Vai. And also Elf and H n' H for Ronnie.

Are you in any way or form saying that the rest of those guys are remotely as good as Halford? :oops:
Well, no, they aren't, but I don't think that the singers in this group are as good as Dio either. I also definitely prefer Rob to Ronnie. But let's not make a big deal out of this.

I pretty much know I'm going to vote Dio before even listening. I had no idea Dave Gahan was in this game. I like his voice, but I don't see much scope outside of Depeche Mode.

BTW just a non important detail but there's a major band missing in Devin Townsend acts history: Steve Vai. And also Elf and H n' H for Ronnie.
Elf is not that important, Heaven & Hell is Black Sabbath, and Devin only sang on Steve Vai album without writing anything, so it's not really relevant. Also, there's no obviously no space for me to list every single band of every single singer here.

Elf is not that important, Heaven & Hell is Black Sabbath, and Devin only sang on Steve Vai album without writing anything, so it's not really relevant. Also, there's no obviously no space for me to list every single band of every single singer here.
Yeah I get your point (although he was part of the Steve Vai band as an integral member). If you had to put every project for each musician you wouldn't have enough space for steve DiGiorgio and some others. I agree with you regarding H N' H is Sabbath (it had to be renamed due to a stupid lawsuit) but then again I've already heard lots of people defending the theory that Mob Rules, Heaven And Hell and The Devil You Know aren't Sabbath but H N' H because "it's a different band and sound" (something I don't slightly agree with but ok...)

Yes, Dio. Thought as much. I'd just pick him to win this competition outright and get it over with now.

Back