Your Maiden blasphemy

This isn't a musical thing but I'm genuinely concerned about Dave letting himself slip dangerously close to obesity . Everyone talks about Nicko being the oldest member and the linchpin deciding when the band will call it quits but it seems like Dave's fitness level is noticeably deteriorating at a rate far outstripping everyone else. Yeah, they're all aging, I know - he just seems to be getting hit the hardest by lifestyle choices he's clearly making.

Blasphemy.

I am even more concerned about his hairstyle.

This isn't a musical thing but I'm genuinely concerned about Dave letting himself slip dangerously close to obesity . Everyone talks about Nicko being the oldest member and the linchpin deciding when the band will call it quits but it seems like Dave's fitness level is noticeably deteriorating at a rate far outstripping everyone else. Yeah, they're all aging, I know - he just seems to be getting hit the hardest by lifestyle choices he's clearly making.

Blasphemy.

He lives in Hawaii.

Aside from some occasionally lazy solos Dave's playing is just fine, that wasn't the point I was making. I'm saying that looking towards the longevity of the band I just wouldn't be surprised if Nicko being too old isn't the thing that causes them to retire from touring - it's not fat shaming to point out that he's looking heavier every year by an amount that just isn't good. Age + chubbiness isn't exactly the recipe for good health, especially if he still smokes.

it's not fat shaming to point out that he's looking heavier every year by an amount that just isn't good. Age + chubbiness isn't exactly the recipe for good health, especially if he still smokes.
I think he's actually slimmed down a bit since circa-TFF. And Nicko has recently stated that "none of us smokes anymore".

I'd say Davey has aged the most visibly of them all, and that can't be easy after having been the handsomest man on the planet in the early '80s. But Davey doesn't seem to let it bother him. He just keeps smiling ...

I don't like the bit in the second measure of Adrian's Aces High solo where Nicko matches the bass drum up with the picking pattern from Adrian's solo.

I used to hate No Prayer for the Dying. But I really enjoy it nowadays. I only find Mother Russia weak. I think Tailgunner is one of their best tracks ever.

Favourite underrated tracks: Judas Be my Guide, The Duellists, Flash of the Blade, Losfer Words, The loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, Deja Vu, Sea of Madness, Only the Good Die Young, Blood on the world's Hands, Prodigal Son, Chains of Misery, Public Enema, the Assassin, Hooks in You, Strange World.

Caught Somewhere in Time is the best album opener ever.

I really love Quest for Fire, despite the stupid lyrics.

Back