Official Star Wars Thread

Has anyone read the leaks? I haven't, but apparently Anthony Daniels "accidentally" confirmed they were legit. Must... fight... temptation.

Why not just wait until the movie comes out and decide then?

Whatever the response is to the leaks I'm not going to read them and I'm still going to see this film. I haven't written it off yet and there's still a very good chance I'll enjoy it. It's just hard not to feel a little wary considering what happened with GoT. Maybe I won't agree with the naysayers this time, we'll find out come December.

As long as it doesn't suck, I'll have fun. As long as it doesn't have massive tonal dissidence, it won't suck. As long as Rian Johnson isn't directing it, it probably won't have massive tonal dissidence.

Nah, actually, we'll eventually discover that Palpatine had been crouching inside BB-8 the whole time!!

Last edited:
A good plot and theme? You're asking too much. Just enjoy the spectacle in the cinema and don't think too much about it (is what Disney wants you to) :p:p

The problem with that is that the original trilogy gave us everything. Of course it was far from perfect, but it gave us a clear story, clear stakes, never before seen vfxs and more importantly characters we cared about. In the prequels people hated anakin and jar jar more than people hated the ewokes. In these sequels nothing to really hate, I just don't care, about any of it. What a knickerbocker said, what's the point? What's the story? What's at stake? Are we having steaks? Why should I care about any of the new characters?

Back