LEGACY OF THE BEAST 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so glad other folks are pointing out how "on point" Nicko's drumming is. When is saw the Bristow show in July, that was something that stood out to me. There is no way the man behind that kit is nearing 70 years old.

Former drummer here, so my focus is always on Nicko. The man is a machine that's for sure. Ive seen a ton of interviews where he discussed the importance of "pacing" himself esp given his age / arthritis, and he did seem more physically 'contained' with his strokes and fills.

If I'm not down front, I always try and sit close to mixing board and was right there Saturday....having said that, Nicko's bass drum was inaudible at times, esp. during Wicker, where I paid close attention for the legendary single pedal 16ths. Nothing.

We walked around at the end, and the drum sound was remarkably different every 20' in the back of the arena, so there's that. For a three guitar band, the mix was incredible IMO. 3 guitars can mean a lot of mud in the mids, but not with Maiden.

RavenAge was definitely decent opener...kinda Killswitch-sounding, with well constructed harmonic tunes. No hooks though.

Bruce scared me at first, as he threatened to "go home" cuz the crowd wasn't responsive enough BEFORE THE VOCALS EVEN STARTED on Aces...Ive been to other Maiden shows where he came across a tad "ornery" in his demeanor, but he warmed up soon enough Sat nite

Other than that, the questionable pacing of the set list has already been discussed (FTGGOG, SC, etc) and Hartford was no exception.

having said that, Nicko's bass drum was inaudible at times, esp. during Wicker, where I paid close attention for the legendary single pedal 16ths. Nothing.
Btw, Nicko explained why this part was particularly challenging for him.

I've been to a ton of shows at XL and that was the highest attendance. Parking staff said "sold out" as we entered and they directed us, but I saw almost 700 tix on StubHub Friday night. I always get there early, and there was little to no tailgating due to heat/threat of rain.

Also, while RavenAge played, there was only a smattering in the arena and on lawn...at that point I was horrified that the show may have low attendance but they POURED in by the time Winston gave his speech!
So the parking staff men described the show as "Sold out"? The lawn area must be crowded. Can you confirm that?

We have already discussed the possibility of another leg of LOTB, but let me note what I have just heard from a more or less reliable source.

Apparently, Maiden will go to Turkey in 2020, which, I guess, hints at a LOTB World Tour for those countries which the band missed last year and this year. Do you think it may be a tour for the new album instead of the LOTB? Unlikely, isn't it?

Quick question: when people saw 'lawn tickets', what are you referring to? I'm not familiar with the term here in Europe and am curious. The shows aren't outdoors are they?

Just to dovetail off the previous answer on this, often time the numbered seats are covered and the lawn seats are considered GA and uncovered.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 5.29.07 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-05 at 5.29.07 PM.png
    140.4 KB · Views: 7
Bruce scared me at first, as he threatened to "go home" cuz the crowd wasn't responsive enough BEFORE THE VOCALS EVEN STARTED on Aces...Ive been to other Maiden shows where he came across a tad "ornery" in his demeanor, but he warmed up soon enough Sat nite

As USA audiences are more reserved than Canada/Europe/Cen. & S. America I was surprised by the Atlanta crowd. Crowd response was more than I hoped for. In fact at the end Bruce announced that "2nd night of the LOTB tour the rest of the USA is going to have to work fucking hard to beat you motherfuckers!"

We have already discussed the possibility of another leg of LOTB, but let me note what I have just heard from a more or less reliable source.

Apparently, Maiden will go to Turkey in 2020, which, I guess, hints at a LOTB World Tour for those countries which the band missed last year and this year. Do you think it may be a tour for the new album instead of the LOTB? Unlikely, isn't it?
Obviously they're being coy by naming the new album "Lair of the Beetle" so the tour acronym still works and no one expects a thing. Lair of the Beetle will be a single-song concept album approximately 76 min in length with a Beetle-Eddie (Beddie?) adorning the front cover.

Why would it be unlikely? Didn’t they play in Turkey on the Final Frontier tour in 2011?

If they were to tour for a new album next year, I reckon they'd start in Europe. Be a tough sell to hit North America two consecutive years unless they're doing strictly 'A' markets.

Why would it be unlikely? Didn’t they play in Turkey on the Final Frontier tour in 2011?
Yes they did, but I do not remember when they announced that they would release Final Frontier. If it is possible that they announce the release-date in Autumn, release the album in May-June, and begin touring between June-Aug, then yes it must be possible!

Obviously they're being coy by naming the new album "Lair of the Beetle" so the tour acronym still works and no one expects a thing. Lair of the Beetle will be a single-song concept album approximately 76 min in length with a Beetle-Eddie (Beddie?) adorning the front cover.
There is no tour acronym in the rumour. "LOTB world tour" was mentioned before in the forum, that's why I referred to it.

I’m not going to pretend I know anything one way or the other (nobody here does), but I really wouldn’t be surprised if Legacy of the Beast goes into 2020. I’d take any rumors with a grain of salt but it is a big tour for them (not to mention expensive) and Steve did hint at going three years in a recent interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back