Blind Guardian

I lost their track after Somewhere Far Beyond (to me the best metal album of 1992) I heard something of Imaginations from the other side but I lost interest for them (Too orchestral and the same theme, the lord of the rings and all related with that world) Hansi Kursh boring kind of singing…it's always the same).
About the next album we will see. I think I will take a listen. I don't like the cover to be honest

For those of you who "lost interest" after earlier albums and are curious what an orchestral album might sound like, you should check out Sacred Worlds. It is a great BG song featuring a live orchestra. It has probably been linked somewhere in this thread already -- perhaps even by me -- but to make it easy, here it is again. (Sorry mods.) I really love this track. Treating myself to another listen now!

Judging by this, you both have different appreciations of these guys so I will take a little from Column A and a little from Column B and see if I like any of it. And then we shall have the answer to the question that has been plaguing us all, the question of whats better, a Wizard or a Magnus?
If you read Raymond E Feist's Riftwar Saga then you'll find that there is a wizard called Magnus! o_O How are you finding the albums @Niall Kielt?

They're very different bands. BG of Batallions of Fear and Follow the Blind was very different from IFTS, but they still kicked ass. I lost interest after Night at the Opera, though the Wheel of Time and the... shit, Red Door? Red something, were pretty good.
Seems like you only missed one album then, 'A Twist in the Myth'. It's not their best but has its moments.
Hansi Kursh boring kind of singing…it's always the same).
:eek:
Hansi is a brilliant singer! You take that back!
For those of you who "lost interest" after earlier albums and are curious what an orchestral album might sound like, you should check out Sacred Worlds. It is a great BG song featuring a live orchestra. It has probably been linked somewhere in this thread already -- perhaps even by me -- but to make it easy, here it is again. (Sorry mods.) I really love this track. Treating myself to another listen now!
'Sacred Worlds' is indeed a good song, but I feel that the chorus is too slow. In my head I keep slowing it down even more so it sounds like when you play a song at half speed on a media player.

I don't like the cover to be honest

While I wouldn't say that I dislike it, I kind of hope that they went with something different instead. It's a cool cover, dark and all, but a tad bit generic too, given the rather unique and grandeur nature of the upcoming record. Then again, it fits the story for sure, but yeah, in my opinion, it does look a bit too much like just a another fantasy-themed cover art, as cool as it may be.

Pretty excited for the album though! Looking forward.

Finally, a new teaser.

Tracklist:
01. 1618 Ouverture
02. The Gathering
03. War Feeds War
04. Comets And Prophecies
05. Dark Cloud’s Rising
06. The Ritual
07. In The Underworld
08. A Secret Society
09. The Great Ordeal
10. Bez
11. In The Red Dwarf’s Tower
12. Into The Battle
13. Treason
14. Between The Realms
15. Point Of No Return
16. The White Horseman
17. Nephilim
18. Trial And Coronation
19. Harvester Of Souls
20. Conquest Is Over
21. This Storm
22. The Great Assault
23. Beyond The Wall
24. A New Beginning

Last edited:
Thanks for posting this @Aces_High. Do you have any thoughts on this yourself? The forum rules ask us not to embed Youtube videos without making any interesting comments alongside. It's much easier to stimulate some interesting discussion when you actually give your own thoughts on the content. This is not Facebook!

It's nice to get some behind-the-scenes information about this album. I didn't realize they'd first thought of doing an orchestral album in the mid-nineties! The use of narrators means there is likely to be a bunch of short interlude-type tracks that I can do without to be honest, but the people they've got doing the narrations (same people who did 'Nightfall in Middle Earth') sound very powerful and dramatic.

Thanks for posting this @Aces_High. Do you have any thoughts on this yourself? The forum rules ask us not to embed Youtube videos without making any interesting comments alongside. It's much easier to stimulate some interesting discussion when you actually give your own thoughts on the content. This is not Facebook!
The part at 1:32 reminds me of the outro of At the Edge of Time, which is one of my favorite moments of their discography. If we get a whole album of that, I'll be overjoyed. I just hope the novel is translated in time so we can understand the story.
Yes, they will be several interludes as Hansi had announced earlier that 12 songs had been recorded. So I guess it will be about the same proportion as NiME, but it looks like we'll get a version without the interludes too.

Here it is.

So far I've only listened to the first minute and it sounds amazing. It reminds me of the pre-chorus of Fly (which I don't quite like) but made better by a superior performance from Hansi and the presence of the orchestra.

Last edited:
The video is lazy, though.

Edit: How nice of him to promote Iced Earth in the video though. If he really does wear IE shirts to recording sessions, I think that makes him a fan.

The video is lazy, though.
Lyric videos are generally rubbish. They've been super trendy the last few years and must be a lot cheaper to make than a proper music video, which nobody cares about anymore. Delain did a pretty good one for 'Sing to Me' a few years ago but I can't think of any others which have made an impression on me.

The song seems OK. Is the whole album going to be purely orchestral with no guitars? I was wondering what the rest of the band are doing.

To be honest, this is marketed as Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra, not just BG. And it's just Hansi singing and André composing, no participation from the others.

To be honest, this is marketed as Blind Guardian's Twilight Orchestra, not just BG. And it's just Hansi singing and André composing, no participation from the others.
You know you could've said just that instead of being flippant, right?

The song is on Spotify, but under Blind Guardian Twilight Orchestra rather than the main Blind Guardian profile.

The second trailer for 'Legacy of the Dark Lands'. It's all previews of the orchestra and choir, with some shots of men looking at computers and Hansi sitting in the balcony of the theatre.

Some new snippets.

At 2:04 we can hear Harvester of Souls, which his a reprise of At the Edge of Time with different lyrics, a darker mood, and a few added parts.

Here's the English translation someone posted in the comments:
1:20-1:49 You're the first ones to listen to the album. It'll be a bit different to the usual sound of Blind Guardian but not less interesting. I don't think there will be complaints but if so, please express them moderately. The album will grow. Have fun.
3:24- We started working on this kind of music 1997. Andre has experimented a bit on the keyboard and on the computer...
The other parts of the video are not relevant for the album or just incomplete sentences.

Back