Your Maiden blasphemy

I don't think Iron Maiden has made a perfect 10/10 album.

Their discography is mostly 8/10 and 9/10 albums (except for the 90s where they range from 4/10 to 7/10), but no single iron Maiden album is what I would consider "perfect".

Their discography is mostly 8/10 and 9/10 albums (except for the 90s where they range from 4/10 to 7/10), but no single iron Maiden album is what I would consider "perfect".

I was listening to Powerslave the other day. Every note from beginning to end is perfect, and the production is perfection itself. That album sounds incredible, thanks to Martin Birch. Great songs + perfect production = 10/10, in my opinion.

Plus how can you top an album that finishes with Powerslave + Rime of the Ancient Mariner? It's pure unadulterated epicness.

I would replace "the 90s" by "the reunion period", by I agree with your main idea.

I was listening to Powerslave the other day. Every note from beginning to end is perfect, and the production is perfection itself. That album sounds incredible, thanks to Martin Birch. Great songs + perfect production = 10/10, in my opinion.

Plus how can you top an album that finishes with Powerslave + Rime of the Ancient Mariner? It's pure unadulterated epicness.

Ya said it - Birch was the mastermind of Maiden. After he retired it was ALL downhill

Powerslave and SIT are both 10/10's for me personally. Flawless albums from front to back!

Agreed, although I would argue that the "perfect" album does not exist, or at least I cannot think of any album in which I would rate all songs and aspects of it with 10/10.

When it comes to Maiden, my top 5 albums are TNOTB, SSOASS, POM, Powerslave and AMOLAD, and each of them have aspects that prevent them from being perfect.

Anyway, I cannot think of any band with so many strong albums, most impressively including 7 in a row!

Agreed, although I would argue that the "perfect" album does not exist, or at least I cannot think of any album in which I would rate all songs and aspects of it with 10/10.
I can, but you're not into that kind of music I think.
Anyway, I cannot think of any band with so many strong albums, most impressively including 7 in a row!
Again I can (e.g. Primordial, Enslaved), and again see above.

I can, but you're not into that kind of music I think.

Again I can (e.g. Primordial, Enslaved), and again see above.

You are right, I'm not into that type of music.

I could argue that Wishbone Ash's "Argus", Boston's debut album, AC/DC's "Back in Black" and Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Cosmo's Factory" and "Pendulum" come close to being perfect, but there are some things here and there that I think are not 10/10.

Last edited:
You are right, I'm not into that type of music.

I could argue that Wishbone Ash's "Argus", Boston's debut album, AC/DC's "Back in Black" and Creedence Clearwater Revival's "Cosmo's Factory" and "Pendulum" come close to being perfect, but there are some things here and there that I think are not 10/10.

I think people can go over board about ranking and assigning numbered ratings to albums, instead of enhancing enjoyment it creates a negative atmosphere with people arguing about whether something is a 7.6 instead of a 6.7. Just look at the commentary forum on this site! Nevermind the attention seeking ratings assigned saying The Clairvoyant is 2 out of 10 or Virus is 10/10.

Just listen to album is what I say! Any album that I keep going back through down through the years counts as a 10/10.

Just listen to album is what I say! Any album that I keep going back through down through the years counts as a 10/10.

I wouldn't go as far as that, but I know what you mean. I usually find myself revisiting my top 5 Maiden albums quite often (all ranked higher than 8.5/10) and rarely listening to the bottom 4 (below 7/10).

Back