The Concert Thread

Manowar were surprisingly good. I must say I was impressed with how tight the band was, without any breaks between the songs. They also had an amazing stage production, and the setlist was very solid, including the Bulgarian anthem, which made people piss themselves with patriotism. On top of that, we were out of the venue and in the car about three minutes after the concert ended and home 10 minutes later. Overall, a very smooth and enjoyable experience. 9.6/10

Oh, and the new guitarist is probably better than Carl.

Manowar were surprisingly good. I must say I was impressed with how tight the band was, without any breaks between the songs. They also had an amazing stage production, and the setlist was very solid, including the Bulgarian anthem, which made people piss themselves with patriotism. On top of that, we were out of the venue and in the car about three minutes after the concert ended and home 10 minutes later. Overall, a very smooth and enjoyable experience. 9.6/10

Oh, and the new guitarist is probably better than Carl.

Over already? they must have gone on early? I'm not surprised it was a good show - Manowar always been good at what they do. I'm curious what the setlist looked like though - the last setlist I saw had too many sing-a-long tracks...but they may work better live than on paper of course.

That ticket must have set you back a few euros.

Not as much as you'd think. It may have been expensive for a Bulgarian (although I was told it wasn't), but not for a West German.

I'm happy. Manowar got a lot of bad rap in the last 10 years, even by their standards, but the gig was superb. Eric Adams still has it, and he proved once again (to me) that he's one of the best metal singers ever. The new guitarist is the best they've had since Ross the Boss. The setlist had me satisfied. They played
Battly Hymn (one of my favourite songs ever), The Gods Made Heavy Metal, Kings of Metal/Fighting the World/Hail and Kill in a medley that worked really well, Thor, and a lot of other stuff, but those were my highlights. Together with, of coure, Warriors of the World United, Brothers of Metal and Sons of Odin.

Eric, who must be pushing the seventies by now, was wholly believable when he sang "Don't try to tell us that we're too loud/'Cause there ain't no way we'll ever turn down".

Great stage production, tight playing, I really have no complaints. Even the sound was good after the first two songs. I'm glad I went, it was completely worth it.

Over already? they must have gone on early?

No, they played a solid 90 minutes. We just live 5 minutes away from the venue.

I'm curious what the setlist looked like though - the last setlist I saw had too many sing-a-long tracks...but they may work better live than on paper of course.

There were plenty of those, but also some tracks that had extended instrumental passages. It was by and large this setlist, but with a few changes in order and one additional song.

That is a bit on the short side, isn't it?

Actually, thinking back it was more of two hours. They hit the stage at 20:15 and the gig was over at 22:15. And with the exception of one brief speech by Eric and another longer one by De Maio, it was all spent on playing.

Actually, thinking back it was more of two hours. They hit the stage at 20:15 and the gig was over at 22:15. And with the exception of one brief speech by Eric and another longer one by De Maio, it was all spent on playing.

Thanks. That sounds better, in spite of De Maio's speech.

Back