Official Star Wars Thread

Looks like a fake to me. Y-Wing in the background. Everyone knows the Y-Wing was retired after Endor.

I dunno, they seem to have replaced the B-wing with those ridiculous lumps of TIE fodder in TLJ, so anything's possible

A poster for Episode IX has leaked. Can I even post it here? Assuming it's actually real, it does tell us some interesting stuff about the film...

but is it just me who sees a white blade? That's pretty unique to the film series and goes well with her new outfit. Could it be symbolic?

Hmm . . . a new mentor, perhaps?

I just wish they'd give us some cool new ship designs instead of rehashing the ones from the original trilogy, the only new one that looked unique was the U-Wing from Rogue One. Say whatever you want about the prequels but they were chock full of cool vehicles.

I just wish they'd give us some cool new ship designs instead of rehashing the ones from the original trilogy, the only new one that looked unique was the U-Wing from Rogue One. Say whatever you want about the prequels but they were chock full of cool vehicles.

I used to HATE the prequels. Upon rewatching them I can say the following: Episode I was not AS BAD as I remember, but still the worst of all, Episode II was BETTER than I remember and Episode III, was just as good as I remember, my favorite of the prequels, the best soundtrack of all 8 movies to date. Rogue One was AWESOME. The Star Wars movie I didn't know I wanted.

Crap title.

I'm not sure about this trailer, I didn't get the same excited feeling I did from the last two film's teasers. Best shot was of Kylo walloping that guy in the stomach, hope he messes shit up in this film.

Lame title, looks cool.

TLJ had flaws but the hate was pretty overblown imo. I hope they don’t play it too safe with this one.

Yup, Palps.
giphy.gif

I wonder if it's a red herring and won't actually be in the film or just included as part of a flashback scene.

Can't help but think the "no-one's ever really gone" line was a bit of backpedalling on the whole shitting-on-the-past theme of TLJ

Can't help but think the "no-one's ever really gone" line was a bit of backpedalling on the whole shitting-on-the-past theme of TLJ
Rian Johnson was asked recently if he'd have a problem with JJ Abrams "retconning" some aspects of The Last Jedi, specially Rey's parentage, and he said he has no problem with that at all. I felt that the thing about Rey's parentage wasn't answered conclusively and leaves room for maneuver. It felt a bit like Kylo Ren was manipulating Rey or something was hidden from him through some Force stuff.

I wonder if it's a red herring and won't actually be in the film or just included as part of a flashback scene.

Someone at Star Wars Celebration asked JJ Abrams about Palpatine being in the film, JJ's response was:

Yes, he is. Surprisingly Ian McDiarmid's presence on-set was not leaked. McDiarmid himself actually appeared after the trailer was shown and ordered it to be played again. Wish I'd been there. :(

Rian Johnson was asked recently if he'd have a problem with JJ Abrams "retconning" some aspects of The Last Jedi, specially Rey's parentage, and he said he has no problem with that at all. I felt that the thing about Rey's parentage wasn't answered conclusively and leaves room for maneuver. It felt a bit like Kylo Ren was manipulating Rey or something was hidden from him through some Force stuff.

Idk, the idea of Rey being a complete nobody was one of the two things I kinda liked in TLJ - I sometimes feel the idea of a Skywalker 'dynasty' occasionally runs the risk of disappearing too far up its own arse.

I'm curious as to how much of The Last Jedi will actually be acknowledged in Rise of Skywalker (Ugh... can't get used to writing that), not just because of the fan backlash but also because apparently JJ Abrams himself wasn't happy with Rian Johnson's story choices either. I know Disney/Lucasfilm couldn't forsee TLJ being poorly received or Colin Trevorrow's departure, but I think it should've had one person, or at least one team of people, writing the story for the whole trilogy.

Idk, the idea of Rey being a complete nobody was one of the two things I kinda liked in TLJ - I sometimes feel the idea of a Skywalker 'dynasty' occasionally runs the risk of disappearing too far up its own arse.

I agree, it also makes the universe feel a little bigger, not having every new character related to an existing one.

Back