Iron Maiden studio album 17 rumours and speculations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aye, I think yer right, it just doesn't feel right to do it. The last 2 times it was a surprise and enhanced the experience. This tour is quite intense and throwing a new tune in just wouldn't fit. You say marketing, I say performance. Either way, throwin a brand new tune in doesn't really work.
You say 'milk' the tour, to me that has a negative connotation but I dont think this tour is milkin it. They could have added a proper South American jaunt and an Australasian leg as well. They could easily drag this thing out another few months. I reckon the US leg might actually be half hearted considering there will be a new album in the sock. Them boys will be bored rehashing last years tour knowing that they have fresh tunes in the can. Well, Steve and Nicko won't let it show but the rest might.

I would personally like to see Maiden to record a concept album about Atlantis. The length of the album would be a maximum 60 minutes. One CD, double gatefold LP.
Last track on that last album could be musical hybrid between Mariner and Clouds, epic ending. And imagine the whole artwork (by master Derek Riggs) with Eddie and Atlantis.

El Dorado was also more or less integral part of the tour as a freshly released single and an album taster on a tour that was also named after the album. Wildest Dreams was also more or less outlined part of the Give Me Ed setlist and it's flow - the tour was, after all, kind of filling the gap between the previous tour and an album release with much less specific setlist and show structure than on the current tour.

Of course, should the "single" cut fit into the (loose or not) themes of the TLOTB set and the overall flow of the show there could be a chance, but I seriously doubt it. The tour is already marketed with the last year's set and it's own, thoroughly outlined and carefully planned show. The stained glass - which deliberately hints the setlist, as it is confirmed by the official sources - for this year's leg contains pretty much the whole set hinted already, The Wicker Man (previously speculated to be dropped...) included, so the chances for a new song to be played live are very, very minimal.

The Wicker Man and TETMD are probably the easiest to replace and I don't see either of them going anywhere, since The Wicker Man works perfectly, both theme- and pacewise, where it was last year too and TETMD was not played on a previous tour and it might very well rest the next album tour as well, most likely to return to the whatever big scale hits tour will follow (if any, but let us hope so), so yeah, I don't see that one going anywhere either.

And no way would any of the biggest hits be dropped either.

Last edited:
Well it’s a cultural thing. They’re playing it in America and our legacy is that we’re assholes to anyone that isn’t white.

Well just bin it then, it's shit anyway
source.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back