Megadeth

I’ve kind of flipped on Endgame, I don’t think it’s that good, just lots of mediocre songs. The only ones post TWNH I like are Dystopia & United Abominations. 13 and TSHF are still good but not great.

Not liking “Washington Is Next!” at the very least should be a criminal offense. That song is awesome and has some crazy guitar parts to it.

Nah. Disconnect is an awesome song, and many others are pretty good.
Your bar for awesomeness must be pretty low. The verse lead is simplistic and anemic, the chorus blows, and the whole song feels like it’s slogging through molasses. Though it’s probably one of the least bad songs on the album, it sure isn’t good, IMO.

What are Megadeth’s other awesome songs that you’d put this one on par with?
The World Needs A Hero is also a solid song, far far from their worst.
Can you name a worse chorus in their catalog? Even the chorus of “Liar” is better than this one. The rest of the song consists of an opening non-riff, a bunch of stream-of-consciousness mumbling, a boring lead line, a brain-dead ascending break, and a directionless solo. No thanks.

Shit, give me “Breadline” on infinite repeat instead of this. No, really.

Your bar for awesomeness must be pretty low. The verse lead is simplistic and anemic, the chorus blows, and the whole song feels like it’s slogging through molasses. Though it’s probably one of the least bad songs on the album, it sure isn’t good, IMO.

What are Megadeth’s other awesome songs that you’d put this one on par with?

Can you name a worse chorus in their catalog? Even the chorus of “Liar” is better than this one. The rest of the song consists of an opening non-riff, a bunch of stream-of-consciousness mumbling, a boring lead line, a brain-dead ascending break, and a directionless solo. No thanks.

Shit, give me “Breadline” on infinite repeat instead of this. No, really.
Breadline is the best song on Risk. TWNAH title track is good and the chorus is great. And last but not least, Disconnect is a top 20 song for me.

Breadline is the best song on Risk. TWNAH title track is good and the chorus is great. And last but not least, Disconnect is a top 20 song for me.
Watch out, he's gonna post the Bizarro World thing again. I hear that everyone thinks you belong there.

TWNAH title track is good and the chorus is great.
What was it that captivated you about the chorus? The ridiculously soft, out-of-tune whining that gradually fades in over the course of the song? The bare-bones, mostly 2-note lead that plays over it so you can’t even hear it? Or was it something else...?

What was it that captivated you about the chorus? The ridiculously soft, out-of-tune whining that gradually fades in over the course of the song? The bare-bones, mostly 2-note lead that plays over it so you can’t even hear it? Or was it something else...?
I really like the guitar. But yeah the vocals are pretty weak, I admit.

I don't think your opinion of Megadeth is a very sound one, Jer. I will take heed of your thoughts on Megadeth no longer.
LOL. Listen to the post-Youthanasia albums I recommended, then listen to the rest, and see if you still feel that way.

Don’t get me wrong - Risk and Super Collider are not good albums. TWNAH is just worse.

I'm really not the weirdest person here.
e02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238.jpg

Back