The Pop Thread

Are Survivors every song by an artist? I don't know that many Taylor Swift songs, but I'd play along with the ones I do know.

Might be a good idea to do a shortened version where people nominate the songs they want featured in the game.

I only like one Taylor Swift song (I Knew You Were Trouble) so not sure whether I'd participate or not. Maybe further down the road.

Are Survivors every song by an artist?
If it plays out the way I want it to, we'd do only album songs + bonus tracks.

Taylor Swift: 11 songs + 3 bonus tracks
Fearless: 13 songs + 5 bonus tracks
Speak Now: 14 songs + 3 bonus tracks
Red: 16 songs + 3 bonus tracks
1989: 13 songs + 3 bonus tracks

I don't think a shortened version would work that well because there aren't that many well known songs (especially from her first 3 albums). There would be 15–20 songs in the game at the most.

I would just start with Red. I’m not interested in the earlier albums, personally.

Watched Into the Spider-Verse last night, it was awesome. I was quite surprised at how much I enjoyed the soundtrack too, considering it's not my normal type of thing. Had this one on loop today:

@Number 6

I plan on listening to the new album soon. Me! and YNTCD were great, the others I heard from it I’m not sure of yet.

Not really a fan of pop music or especially modern pop music. However I do love ABBA, Alsion Moyet, Cindy Lauper, Kylie, the older Pet Shop Boy stuff, Madness, Jenifer Rush, Boney M., Eurythmics and Kate Bush. So you could I ltruly love the old skool pop stuff.

You like enough pop artists that it renders the statement "not really a fan of pop music" a bit meaningless, imo.

Fucking love the new Taylor Swift. 9 or 10 listens in. Unfortunately theres a handful of skips in there (6 or 7 maybe). I feel a real connection with Nice to Have a Friend and Cruel Summer. Wonderful songs.

I've been hearing Ed Sheeran's "BLOW" on t'radio quite a bit recently. It's a pretty bog standard pop/hard rock song, but it's surprisingly decent, especially considering it features Bruno Mars. What really baffles me is that it took eight people to write it. What did they all do? :huh:

I'd like to expand my musical taste, but I have next to no knowledge of modern pop. I only know about Indian (Bollywood) pop, and personally got into metal via video game OST's.

Could somebody recommend a starting point - a song or album I could listen to?
(I originally couldn't get into pop due to a dislike for romance-related songs, but I'll try to put that aside.)

I'd like to expand my musical taste, but I have next to no knowledge of modern pop. I only know about Indian (Bollywood) pop, and personally got into metal via video game OST's.

Could somebody recommend a starting point - a song or album I could listen to?
(I originally couldn't get into pop due to a dislike for romance-related songs, but I'll try to put that aside.)
Poe - Haunted

Back