Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

On my way home from work I thought of something that I wanted to look up online on my phone when I got in. By the time I got home I had forgotten what this was. Annoying.

I always wonder where the "fuck the environment" businessmen and politicians live. Have we already colonized Mars without us plebs realizing it?

If it worked that way it'd be great, because we could round them up.
No politician or "developer" will fuck over a huge piece of mother earth in a go. It is not logistically easy and it is not popular. But dent by dent, day by day. "I just commisioned couple of hectars of 'empty land' for development, like my predecessor, like his predecessor, bla bla".

In our case, it is a 15 year old status quo. The governments in the 1990s did nothing to fix the damage of the wartime despair and havoc, and started selling out the land from the park forest. Even the governments in the 1980s couldn't stop illegal sprawl of villas eating into the forest, they just reclassified the sprawl part into not forest. The perspective of citizens in the 21st century was that central government and its city council satellites we're up to no good for the last two decades, and we forced implementation of the general urbanist plan which isn't exactly binding but if you want to build, you need to change the plan, and that requires transparent protocol where the citizens will find out what you're doing and start yelling against it. We have been in this cycle since 2005.

We have in essence banned all large human intervention from the area because we don't believe the institutions.

Here's the current situation, this is the area of my usual bike climb

SCK0UV.png

My usual two pairs of shorts I take to the gym were both dirty so I found some other pair to wear. It started raining while I was on the way and my backpack isn't waterproof, so shorts were wet af when I got there. Also, I discovered that they had a hole in the back :facepalm:

My usual two pairs of shorts I take to the gym were both dirty so I found some other pair to wear. It started raining while I was on the way and my backpack isn't waterproof, so shorts were wet af when I got there. Also, I discovered that they had a hole in the back :facepalm:

You usually take two pairs of shorts with you? Do you wear them as two layers or is one pair in case of emergencies?

No... I didn't explain it very well. I wear one pair, then when I get home, I put it in dirty laundry for washing, then next time I wear the 2nd pair, and by then the 1st pair has been washed, etc. This time that wasn't the case because I didn't do the laundry in time.

I woke up in a lot of pain at about 2 AM. I thought it was an ear infection, but it turns out I have some sort of tendinitis in my jaw that is inflaming my ear canal.

Back