Your Maiden blasphemy

I'd say that TXF has pretty poor production but I listened to it through some new earphones yesterday and I didn't sound half as bad as usual nor that bad in general, so I think it all depends what youre listening through for that album

Maiden have had one well-produced, amazing-sounding album since Martin Birch left and that is Brave New World. Everything else runs the gamut from muddy, to dull, to lacking any sonic dynamics at all. It's honestly more impressive when they record a brilliant song now because we can all still hear that song as being brilliant even through the muck.

DoD is brickwalled but would sound ok if it wasn't. Maiden albums haven't had a production in 30 years, with one big important exception, Brave New World.

My favorite drum sound on a Maiden album is down to Powerslave and The Book of Souls. The first is Nicko taking his tremendous style from POM and taking it up a notch, and the second is his modern sound in its most perfect form. TBOS is still a bit muddy, but I really like its production nonetheless. All of the instruments feel separate parts of one entity.

The drum sound on Powerslave is amazing - so is on AMOLAD. But I really like the snare drums on Fear of the Dark.

DoD is brickwalled but would sound ok if it wasn't. Maiden albums haven't had a production in 30 years, with one big important exception, Brave New World.
The new remaster isn't brickwalled anymore and, eh. It sounds okay, but not exactly mindblowing. Certainly a step down from BNW. Not really any better than TFF besides having more definition to the guitars.

Back