Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Great Unknown

• The Book of Souls

• Tears of a Clown

• Total voters
I prefer reunions bar Dance of Death. The debut is interesting for what it is. Killers has awesome production but a bit less of a material quality. The better material of the seventies got prioritized for that debut album. Harris' intent to have an eventual alternate production in form of live releases and b-sides makes absolute sense - had he know Birch was going to be involved on the sophomore album he'd leave stuff like POTO and Transylvania for it.

For me, any Maiden without Dickinson, Smith and McBrain isn't top squad and it is a listening compromise from the get go, buddy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, budly. Moderators were always a treat on nerdy forums.

Why is everyone on about the DiAnno albums suddenly, oh yeah jer brought that into the discussion and the sheep followed that line of discussion.

If comparing the Bruce "golden years" (or whatever the accepted term is) to the Bruce "olden years" and leaving the DiAnno years out of it - that was what I was looking for answers to.
Some kind buddies did reply to it, so a thanks is in order @Edington and @KidInTheDark666
Edit:
And @Diesel 11 did too, so thanks for your answer as well, buddy.

Last edited:
The first two albums are pretty good. I prefer every Reunion-era album to them. What's "better" is entirely up to the individual. I do pity the people who don't feel they can enjoy today's band because they're stuck in the Thatcher era, though, buddy.
And I pity you for having trouble reading my posts, bud.

Why is everyone on about the DiAnno albums suddenly, oh yeah jer brought that into the discussion and the sheep followed that line of discussion.
For me, it was this part right here:
Honestly I don't care about it too much, but somehow it pisses me off to no end reading stuff like reunion era is so good and better than DiAnno and so on and so forth - like you just fuckin wrote, ya limp pimp - then my reptile brain forces me to fuckin respond.
I don't understand why you insist on personal attacks (because "limp pimp" isn't exactly nice. It sounds like a man who sells whores who also has erectile dysfunction) and why you admit to getting so angry then it's not cool if we continue discussing it? Sorry, man. You might get all pissy about it, don't be surprised when people have their own opinions that don't jive with yours.

I had to google "tosspot" myself after he called me that. But at least he uses funny words, not asshole, idiot, wanker etc.

I would put X Factor above Fear of the Dark any day of the week. Not inferior at all.
That's not Heresy. That's the simple proof that you have functional eardrums :p . Of course you'll always get a handful of people who say FOTD is a classic. As far as I'm concerned FOTD is their worst record ever while TXF is easily a top 10 Maiden album (in my chart it is #7... #6 sometimes). Now as great of a record as TXF is (and even suffering from a sub par vocal delivery, damn sure it is a great record), if you would say you would pick it any day of the week over Piece Of Mind, SIT, Seventh Son or Powerslave.... that would be waaaaaaay more controversial.

Oh hell yeah brutha ima be real wit you chief

The X Factor is one of the greatest albums of all time and slaughters the inconsistent Piece of Mind, the vocally messy Somewhere In Time, and the flawed story of the Seventh Son of a Seventh Son. It matches Powerslave pound for pound.

Still waiting for John to explain what a ''limp pimp'' is...
same-old-crap-zero-shits-given.jpg

Back