Iron Maiden - artworks with Eddie

Well, the original artwork for ''The Clansman'' is also very good. I wonder if Riggs is the author... :help2:

Attachments

• ege.jpg
    ege.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 54
I like your current avatar. Tbh, the cropped head seems to fit the actual album cover strangely enough... :lol:
It's just a mirror with slight photoshop work (mainly in the mouth area). As for cover montage I made it in less than 20 minutes. But with due time I could easily make it look "natural".

Found the file containing this... a brief experiment on Eddie's mugg I did some time ago (pretty incomplete... especially the teeth)

Attachments

• eddie.png
    eddie.png
    432.7 KB · Views: 28
I really want the backdrop for SOTC live (from LOTB tour) to be released as a full artwork - such a genius piece of art. :blush:

Well, the LOTB tour also gave us other fantastic backdrops that are not with Eddie, but their are done around the theme of the specific song. The ones for WED, Revelations/FTGGOG, TNOTB and FOTD/TETMD/HBTN are awesome. Not to mention the ones for AH and FOI which are superb.

Only one eagle is missing in the backdrop for WED.

The stained glass windows and the whole backdrop (with West Ham's emblem) for Revelations and FTGGOG is one of the best backdrops that Maiden ever had.

The stage looks like hell during TNOTB and on the backdrop have a lot of lava/magma - the maw is amazing at the back of the artwork.

The backdrop is the same for FOTD, TETMD and HBTN, but it is good though. Maybe for FOTD they should have added some kind of a park and Eddie from the album cover to attack from inside the tree (that's my favorite album cover of all time and if I was in Maiden's place I will use it as a backdrop on every tour, I think Maiden only used it as a backdrop during FOTD tour). The single cover for TETMD was also good variant, but they already have used it during ME tour. HBTN doesn't need any backdrop, aside from a rope and a cell... :lol: Like the self-titled song which only needs the big Eddie.

Btw, I've found a fan art made artwork for Where Eagles Dare which was inspired by the current tour backdrop - looks great.

4bb3f895b5647a10ab8db418f3cc354c.jpg

Last edited:
I think you should finish this artwork, mate.
Thanks mate but I can't see it happening in the near future due to lack of time. Well I kinda have time... but I work as a webdesigner so in my spare time I try to get away as much as possible from my "working tools".
Here's a PNG export from the vectorial version, though.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    49.3 KB · Views: 19
Well, the LOTB tour also gave us other fantastic backdrops that are not with Eddie, but their are done around the theme of the specific song. The ones for WED, Revelations/FTGGOG, TNOTB and FOTD/TETMD/HBTN are awesome. Not to mention the ones for AH and FOI which are superb.

Only one eagle is missing in the backdrop for WED.

The stained glass windows and the whole backdrop (with West Ham's emblem) for Revelations and FTGGOG is one of the best backdrops that Maiden ever had.

The stage looks like hell during TNOTB and on the backdrop have a lot of lava/magma - the maw is amazing at the back of the artwork.

The backdrop is the same for FOTD, TETMD and HBTN, but it is good though. Maybe for FOTD they should have added some kind of a park and Eddie from the album cover to attack from inside the tree (that's my favorite album cover of all time and if I was in Maiden's place I will use it as a backdrop on every tour, I think Maiden only used it as a backdrop during FOTD tour). The single cover for TETMD was also good variant, but they already have used it during ME tour. HBTN doesn't need any backdrop, aside from a rope and a cell... :lol: Like the self-titled song which only needs the big Eddie.

Btw, I've found a fan art made artwork for Where Eagles Dare which was inspired by the current tour backdrop - looks great.

View attachment 8086

The fan made WED artwork has been on my PC since June 2013, so it is at least that old. Not inspired by TLOTB :)

I have quite a few different fan made / song inspired pics. There are some good and some not so good ones all over the net.

''Speed Of Light'' is the only single that do not have a proper cover art ! I'm still mad about that. Maiden have a big tradition with covers for singles, but they seems to be lazy nowadays (see Live Chapter reused tour poster). There is a cover for SOL in Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_Light_(Iron_Maiden_song)), but not on the Maiden official site and it is just the same as TBOS album cover - just darker and the name of the song was added - bland and lazy ! EOTC also was released as a second single and it has a killer artwork. I hope for the new album's single to have a prover cover art.

Even some images from the video would have made a good cover art for SOL like:

Iron_Maiden_Speed_of_Light.jpg

Attachments

• ironmaiden-speedoflight.jpg
    ironmaiden-speedoflight.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 16
  • Iron_Maiden_Eddie.png
    Iron_Maiden_Eddie.png
    545.1 KB · Views: 15
  • iron-maiden-speed-of-light-00.jpg
    iron-maiden-speed-of-light-00.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 14
''Speed Of Light'' is the only single that do not have a proper cover art ! I'm still mad about that. Maiden have a big tradition with covers for singles, but they seems to be lazy nowadays (see Live Chapter reused tour poster). There is a cover for SOL in Wikipedia (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_Light_(Iron_Maiden_song)), but not on the Maiden official site and it is just the same as TBOS album cover - just darker and the name of the song was added - bland and lazy ! EOTC also was released as a second single and it has a killer artwork. I hope for the new album's single to have a prover cover art.

Even some images from the video would have made a good cover art for SOL like:

View attachment 8127

Simple:

s-l500.jpg

Different, arcade game stylized, pretty cool for a single.

TAATG single has 3 covers, but Maiden have chosen the worst of the three to be the actual cover for the single. The case was the same with the Futureal single cover..... and I want to say that this song is far from the worst Maiden song ever, as so many fans thinks. The 4 minutes version on the official video is great and obviously they should had used it instead of the almost 10 minutes version that made the album, but I still like the song despite the awful repetition of the chorus and I will not include this song in my least favorite Maiden songs.

1- this is the original cover for the single. Just a EH Eddie head - lazy !!!
2- this artwork (I think it was created by Riggs) was used as a backdrop for the song live during the VXI tour back in 1998. Awesome cover !
3- and the third one is the best (created by Riggs too). The second one fits the theme of the song better, but this artwork is genial. The second and the third artworks, Eddie is with his classic face, I always will admire that.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 71
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 81
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    205.2 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
The 4 minutes version on the official video is great and obviously they should had used it instead of the almost 10 minutes version that made the album
It didn't cut down on the repetition though, only the song length, which means less of the verses. It's a poor editing job.

All three TAATG covers are okay but poor for Maiden.

I think that the actually drawn TAATG covers are pretty cool indeed. As far as any Maiden artworks after the 80's go, even to this day, those two are far from being bad. :D

And no way should they have used the video edit. I agree with Diesel and many others about it keeping the repetition in play and cutting out one of the strongest aspects of the song, the third verse. Just my opinion of course. The album version is indeed quite stretched, but I don't find the video edit as a big improvement anyway.

It didn't cut down on the repetition though, only the song length, which means less of the verses. It's a poor editing job.
And no way should they have used the video edit. I agree with Diesel and many others about it keeping the repetition in play and cutting out one of the strongest aspects of the song, the third verse. Just my opinion of course. The album version is indeed quite stretched, but I don't find the video edit as a big improvement anyway.

Ok, check this edited version then, it's 6,28 minutes long:
(it has both solos, not only Dave's solo like on the official video)

EDIT: the second clip is a short version of the song officially released by Maiden on the CD single.

Even Maiden cut it down to 7 minutes live :lol:

All three TAATG covers are okay but poor for Maiden.

I beg to differ. As @Randalf said, they're good (#2 and especially #3) and better than a lot of the singles covers from the reunion. Only TWM, TROBB and EOTC singles covers are far better.

Last edited:
Back