Strange World

How good is Strange World on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Where "Remember Tomorrow" failed, "Strange World" succeeds. A haunting track with a fairly good Di'Anno performance, this is one of the best songs on the record. Not quite as good as much of Maiden's work, but it's pretty strong overall. 7

Reactions: Jer
One of the songs that kept its structure and lyrics from 1976 until the last time Maiden played it in 1981.

Although 'Strange World' is credited solely to Harris, Paul Day, Maiden's original vocalist from 1975-1976, claimed that he also contributed to the song by writing lyrics based on a sci-fi magazine of the time called Strange Worlds & even played it in a band called Garden.

"I wrote it a few months before joining Iron Maiden. I also came up with the melody. This officially made it my music. I just cannot prove it because I have kept no record of it or made arrangements. I have the album [Iron Maiden] and only about 4 words were changed…. The lyrics were the first thing I ever wrote in my life." (Paul Day for Igor Soares - http://www.ironmaiden666.com.br/ - Translation made by me)

Like info like this? Get my book by subscribing here https://www.subscribepage.com/luisma666

I started to like this song. The intro is very dreamily and the solo after it is quite good. The verses are good and the solos are effective. Still, it is the worst song from the debut album. Strange ballad song. 6/10

This is a more conspirationist analysis. If you don't know it, Iron Maiden components (or some of them) are part of the masonic cult, the best sign they gave to express this membership was a chess floor on the stage of their official video the trooper : https://youtu.be/X4bgXH3sJ2Q

All their music is full of masonic and satanic symbolism, if you know them you can clearly recognise them during their performances.

Following this premise let's try to give a meaning to Strange World:
The only place where you can dream,(the only way to realise your material aspirations, become famous musician, etc...)
Living here is not what it seems(If you are not part of the masonic cult, you'll go nowhere, no mainstream media support. Living here is not what it seems because we believe that to become famous you should just be very talented when in reality you have to fit a specific purpose in line with the Illuminati agenda in order for them to push you on top in front of the masses)
Ship of white, light in the sky,(David Ike supports the theory that the masonic cult of the Illuminati are working with aliens that live undercover here on our planet and control the power structure)
Nobody there to reason why(Inside Illuminati cult no one never question the authority and what's the reason for the agenda, the information is communicated using watertight compartments, everyone knows only what he need to know without seeing the big picture)
Here I am, I'm not really there,(He is not part of the cult yet, he's probably an adept waiting to be initiated if the hierarchy allow it)
Smiling faces ever so rare(When you enter the cult, people are less and lees driven by love but power)
Let's walk in deepest space(Here the author would like to get involved in the cult more deeply, the space is dark and cold like the moral and spiritual constitution of the cult)
Living here just isn't the place(Living as a normal person is not satisfying, the author wants more)
Girls drinking plasma wine. A look at love, a dream unfold. Living here you'll never grow old.(Members of the illuminati circle are famous for drinking tortured children blood containing adrenochrome and growth hormone to feel energised and keep the body young ) Look here => https://th3inn3rlight.net/adrenochrome-harvesting-abuse-of-children/
and here => https://globalmissingkids.org/awareness/missing-children-statistics/
Don't you hear me call?(The author make a call to the illuminati hierarchy to let him get in and be part of the cult)

This song has a sad atmosphere because the author know that in order to accomplish this initiation he will have to sell his soul and lose it's freedom and ability to Love. His heart will never be happy again.
You can understand this sadness by looking this interview of Bob Dylan (another member of the illuminati crew) while he admit he sold his soul to Satan :

So, listen their music if you like it (as I do) but be aware of the real situation in the music industry and enjoy metal/rock while avoiding them to manipulate you with their messages.

Cheers friends, I'm still a smiling face. :)

Last edited:
This is a more conspirationist analysis. If you don't know it, Iron Maiden components (or some of them) are part of the masonic cult, the best sign they gave to express this membership was a chess floor on the stage of their official video the trooper : https://youtu.be/X4bgXH3sJ2Q

All their music is full of masonic and satanic symbolism, if you know them you can clearly recognise them during their performances.
Finally! Someone else who gets it.

Following this premise let's try to give a meaning to Strange World:
The only place where you can dream,(the only way to realise your material aspirations, become famous musician, etc...)
Living here is not what it seems(If you are not part of the masonic cult, you'll go nowhere, no mainstream media support. Living here is not what it seems because we believe that to become famous you should just be very talented when in reality you have to fit a specific purpose in line with the Illuminati agenda in order for them to push you on top in front of the masses)
Ship of white, light in the sky,(David Ike supports the theory that the masonic cult of the Illuminati are working with aliens that live undercover here on our planet and control the power structure)
Nobody there to reason why(Inside Illuminati cult no one never question the authority and what's the reason for the agenda, the information is communicated using watertight compartments, everyone knows only what he need to know without seeing the big picture)
Here I am, I'm not really there,(He is not part of the cult yet, he's probably an adept waiting to be initiated if the hierarchy allow it)
Smiling faces ever so rare(When you enter the cult, people are less and lees driven by love but power)
Let's walk in deepest space(Here the author would like to get involved in the cult more deeply, the space is dark and cold like the moral and spiritual constitution of the cult)
Living here just isn't the place(Living as a normal person is not satisfying, the author wants more)
Girls drinking plasma wine. A look at love, a dream unfold. Living here you'll never grow old.(Members of the illuminati circle are famous for drinking tortured children blood containing adrenochrome and growth hormone to feel energised and keep the body young )
Don't you hear me call?(The author make a call to the illuminati hierarchy to let him get in and be part of the cult)

This song has a said atmosphere because the author know that in order to accomplish this initiation he will have to sell his soul and lose it's freedom and ability to Love. His heart will never be happy again.
You can understand this sadness by looking this interview of Bob Dylan (another member of the illuminati crew) while he admit he sold his soul to Satan :

So, listen their music if you like it (as I do) but be aware of the real situation in the music industry and enjoy metal/rock while avoiding them to manipulate you with their messages.

Cheers friends, I'm still a smiling face. :)

This is the weirdest thing I've ever read on this forum

The lyrics are like an invitation to someone
another person, trying to persuade him to come to him
"Strange world" which he describes. As for his lyrics
"Remember Tomorrow", it has been argued that the lyrics of the song are reminiscent
the thoughts of someone who smokes opiate or cannabis drugs.
Paul Day, the first Maiden singer, has argued that
some of the lyrics of the song are written by him, though
this is not stated in his credits. According to him, inspiration
for the title of the piece came from a series of periodicals
science fiction of the time and the lyrics describe the visit to
another planet and relate to the possibility that life on Earth is very different
from any extraterrestrial life in him. Day rejects any relationship
meaning of the lyrics with the use of drugs.

Another ballad type song, and this time without the heaviness even “Remember Tomorrow” had. There’s some cool guitar moments here, but it takes too long to get to the point in certain sections. Paul’s voice is weaker here again. With that said, I still think it’s good, just far from perfect. It’s a unique song in the band’s discography and I appreciate it for that. 7/10

An even softer song than Remember Tomorrow, which is quite curious considering the early Maiden era was mostly characterized by short rockers and uptempo songs. "Haunting" and "dreamy" have been used in this thread to describe this song and I would agree.
The solos are the highlight of this song with some great performances. Paul's vocals are alright, even though I prefer his approach in Remember Tomorrow. Other than that it's a good first try at such a song, 6.

This morning I had a dream about an alternate timeline. August 2023, The Legacy of the Beast '23 is about to commence in my city (I know I know, it's already a long tour).

Churchill's speech begins playing through the PA, and BOOM! Aces High kicks off, it's back, and I realize the Senjutsu songs are gone from the setlist. During the last verse of AH I notice Bruce is walking through the crowd, all the way up in the nosebleeds where I'm sitting. However, his studio vocals are still playing through the sound system. (I should note that he appears to be wearing his trench coat from the Future Past Tour). He starts taking pictures of the fans with his cell phone, hyping us up and we're going crazy with excitement.

Then, they start the second song. A slow crescendo of notes and I realize, they're playing Strange World. :eek: Me and another fan look at each other and say "no fucking way!"

Just imagine if somehow Strange World made it into another Maiden setlist. I think it would be a great live song, especially the beautiful solos.

Aren't Maiden dreams funny sometimes?

Haven´t had Maiden related dreams for a long time (in the last one I was at a Bruce solo gig with only a few people in the audience. Bruce ranted about it but later apologized for his behaviour) it would be cool to hear Strange World live.

This morning I had a dream about an alternate timeline. August 2023, The Legacy of the Beast '23 is about to commence in my city (I know I know, it's already a long tour).

Churchill's speech begins playing through the PA, and BOOM! Aces High kicks off, it's back, and I realize the Senjutsu songs are gone from the setlist. During the last verse of AH I notice Bruce is walking through the crowd, all the way up in the nosebleeds where I'm sitting. However, his studio vocals are still playing through the sound system. (I should note that he appears to be wearing his trench coat from the Future Past Tour). He starts taking pictures of the fans with his cell phone, hyping us up and we're going crazy with excitement.

Then, they start the second song. A slow crescendo of notes and I realize, they're playing Strange World. :eek: Me and another fan look at each other and say "no fucking way!"

Just imagine if somehow Strange World made it into another Maiden setlist. I think it would be a great live song, especially the beautiful solos.

Aren't Maiden dreams funny sometimes?
Lol, last Maiden dream I had also began with “Aces High” and then incorporated “Strange World”. I think it was part of the Future Past Tour, though.

Back