Strange World

How good is Strange World on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
The atmosphere is nice at first, the singing’s not bad, solos are good, but I feel like this song doesn’t really go anywhere, and it doesn’t feel very Maiden-like. I’ll give a 6/10 for the effort

Really strong and powerful performance from Di'Anno and passionate soloing (especially the intro) from Dennis Stratton. Solid song, great lyrics, and it's nice to see good ol' Maiden trying something different. Worth an 8.

A haunting, atmospheric intro leads into a nice extended lead break. Paul offers an appealing vocal, followed by more atmospheric noodling and a tasteful extended solo. Another nice verse and the song winds down with more atmospherics and nice vocal accents.

There's not a lot going on here outside of the vocal and the guitar leads, but what's here is certainly good. This is also the best-produced song on the album, as far as I can tell. 7/10.

Early Maiden seemed to repeat itself thrice with Remember Tomorrow / Strange World / Prodigal Son. Of them, Remember Tomorrow is the heaviest and worst at the same time. Strange World is the calmest and, guess what? It's also the best of the three.

It's a very haunting little song. Quiet Paul isn't the best, but it's better than RT at any rate. Well put together. Listening to it makes you feel like you're floating on a calm river through a literal strange world.

8/10. Nicely done.

I really love this one, it's one of a kind in the entire Maiden discography, the atmosphere is very dreamy and peaceful, the solos are very melodic and I love the way Paul sings here. One of the highlights of this album imo: 8/10

One of the best DiAnno performances on the first record. His delivery is awesomely good.
As with Remember Tomorrow and Prodigal Son he was really good on the slower numbers, his voice could present a feeling that Dikinson cannot.
10er.

I like Blaze, but that made me chuckle.

I love this song. So unique in Maidens catalogue and a real showcase of Pauls vocal ability. I gave this an 8 to start with, then realised that was nuts, so I bumped it up to a 9.

I like Strange World a lot too. It’s the only softer Di’Anno era song that really works. 7/10 from me, merely because there are like 120 better songs.:oops:

It's my least favorite of the softer ones, even though I also like it a lot. 7/10, "Remember Tomorrow" and "Prodigal Son" are better.

I've always loved this song. Not quite an absolute favourite tune out of all or anything, but always a pleasure to listen to. It would've been interesting to hear '88 take of this one as well, as it was with Prowler and Charlotte; not that I didn't like Paul here, his performance is very good!

If some you haven't heard Maiden UniteD version of this one, I recommend checking it out, it's a great one! :)

Back