Bruce Dickinson

Has nobody ever suggested this as a show opening jingle? ;)
LOL. I remember calling 93X back in the late 90s to ask them to play some Bruce Dickinson and the DJ said I should call the country station instead. I had to explain who Bruce was, and then the guy felt appropriately dumb. I’m still trying to figure out who he thought I meant. (Bruce Hornsby? But that’s not country...)

LOL. I remember calling 93X back in the late 90s to ask them to play some Bruce Dickinson and the DJ said I should call the country station instead. I had to explain who Bruce was, and then the guy felt appropriately dumb. I’m still trying to figure out who he thought I meant. (Bruce Hornsby? But that’s not country...)
They actually played the living hell out of Accident Of Birth when it first came out.

They actually played the living hell out of Accident Of Birth when it first came out.
Yeah, I heard the title track a few times back then. I may have been calling in ‘96 asking for Skunkworks songs. Or I just got a particularly moronic DJ on the phone.

Yeah, I heard the title track a few times back then. I may have been calling in ‘96 asking for Skunkworks songs. Or I just got a particularly moronic DJ on the phone.
I saw Wasted Years on KQRS's recently played stuff within the last month. I'm surprised Maiden doesn't get played a bit more often since they do have a great following here. Oh, that's right. American FM rock radio sucks. Even if their music is good, they should not be playing Imagine Dragons, Arctic Monkeys and so on. I've said it before that I should have known something was wrong when No Rain by Blind Melon was number 1 on Headbanger's Ball.

Reactions: Jer
So, Bruce will visit Sarajevo on 6th of April to accept the award for honorary citizen. Apparently 24th and 25th of this month he had business out of London and then again had some business on 26th in London.
Also, another tour book date, 27th February, Switzerland.

These apparent holes between bigger happenings in Maiden world are getting filled day by day now and it's not studio time. Shame.

Really expensive indeed! He probably needs to keep on putting money into his failing Cardiff Aviation venture...

Even though I somewhat admire his tenacity and willingness to risk his own money in setting up a business while he could comfortably live as a tax exile instead, why not admit defeat and spend all that energy working on a new solo album instead?

Come on, Book Dickinson. Time for a next chapter.

He had the live chapter for The Book of Souls and now it is the live chapter for What Does This Button Do?

I really enjoyed the book event in London and I am glad other people are having the opportunity to do that too, but I would rather have a new solo album instead. Nevertheless, he sadly does not seem to be in a hurry to finish it...

When you pay to see Bruce talk, don't you actually get to meet him? If that's the case, that's a hell of a lot less than bands charge for VIP meet 'n greets and would be well worth it.

When you pay to see Bruce talk, don't you actually get to meet him? If that's the case, that's a hell of a lot less than bands charge for VIP meet 'n greets and would be well worth it.
No, you sit in a theater and listen to him read from his book from the stage then answer questions. He does book signing events too where everyone briefly gets to meet him, but I don't think there's much chance for conversation.

I think the book tour is getting ridiculous now. It started in October last year I think and will stretch to 18 months with no end in sight. I get the feeling that Bruce often sees music as a hobby that earns him a lot of money and the Iron Maiden tours as necessary prolonged holidays. I'm sure he could earn just as much money from selling a solo album and touring off the back of it, but that doesn't appear to be something that he and Rod have much enthusiasm for.

His book was an entertaining read and I'm glad he did it, but it is not a great literary exploit which deserves this level of promotion. I have never known any other celebrity to promote their autobiography so relentlessly. Usually there's a few appearances on TV chat shows and some signing events at book stores. Never a world tour. ::)

By the way @Forostar, you've already been to the London book event. Why do need to attend another one? Surely it will be the same format and anecdotes.

So, for under $100, you can actually meet Bruce and get your book signed? That seems pretty damn amazing to me and the more he tours, the more people will get a chance to meet him.

I would rather spend that $100 on a new Bruce Dickinson album and ticket to a solo concert. Personally I'm not fussed about meeting any of Iron Maiden and wouldn't want to pay for the privilege either.

So, for under $100, you can actually meet Bruce and get your book signed? That seems pretty damn amazing to me and the more he tours, the more people will get a chance to meet him.
:blink:

Been to a few book signings in my time, never paid to meet/see an author. $100 is literally an absurd amount of money to see a guy do a talk. Any guy. And especially Bruce Dickinson.

Back