Mosh’s Top 16 Maiden Albums

Mosh

PM me your Nightwish album rankings!
Staff member
here I will be counting down all the Maiden albums with some comments on each. Let’s get started!

16. Fear of the Dark
This is the worst Iron Maiden album.

15. Virtual XI

I like this album, but there are 14 better albums.

14. No Prayer for the Dying

This is a very bad album.

Stay tuned for more. These write ups take time.

The Flash's Top 5 Comments on the First Update of Mosh's Top 16 Maiden Albums

1. I agree with your rankings up to this point
2. I don't disagree with your rankings up to this point
3. Will lose all feelings towards your rankings if I ever disagree with it
4. Three albums per update is a questionable choice, one per update would do
5. No Prayer is bad and you like VXI, but No Prayer ranks higher? Your writeups may be long, but they're not sufficient

Wait. Why isn't this in the list subform??

Maybe we have gone too far with this whole list thing.. :rolleyes:

13. The Book of Souls
This album would be so much better if it was 20 minutes shorter. I don't even care what is specifically cut. A vocal line here, a guitar solo there... just enough to make it shorter. Because once it hits the 72 minute mark I'm extremely bored, which is too bad because Empire of the Clouds is my favorite song of all time.

Favorite songs: Empire of the Clouds, Tears of a Clown, Speed of Light

Least Favorite Songs: The Red and the Black, The Book of Souls, Man of Sorrows

12. Powerslave
This used to be my favorite Maiden album when I first got into them 6 months ago, but now that I've listened to it so much I don't really like it anymore.

Favorite Songs: Aces High, Two Minutes to Midnight, honestly it's kinda downhill after that.

Least Favorite Songs: Rime of the Ancient Mariner, Powerslave, Losfer Words

11. The Number of the Beast
OVERRATED

Favorite Songs: Gangland

Least Favorite Songs: Number of the Beast, Run To the Hills.

@Mosh, can you give us your 5 favourite songs from your 3 least favourite albums, and your 3 least favourite songs from your top 5 albums?

Or was it the other way around... :huh:

Today is a good day. I get to buy tickets for Maiden, and we were all graced by a post from Million_Suns.

The Flash's Top 5 Comments on the Second Update of Mosh's Top 16 Maiden Albums

1. I don't agree with your rankings up to this point.
2. I disagree with your rankings up to this point.
3. Accordingly, all feelings have been lost.
4. The writeups were already too long, and now you've added favorite songs/least favorite songs?
5. The only way you can turn this around is if you disclose what is the longest Iron Maiden song is.

Now we get to the good stuff:

10. Brave New World
This album is better than the previous six, but not as good as the next nine.

9. Dance of Death
This is a top 5 album but I had to knock it down a few spots for the awful cover art. Great songs though.

8. The X Factor
This album like, really gets me. When I listen to songs like 2 AM and Judgment of Heaven, I feel like Blaze is singing about me. I hate my parents.

8. The X Factor
This album like, really gets me. When I listen to songs like 2 AM and Judgment of Heaven, I feel like Blaze is singing about me. I hate my parents.

Beautiful review. Good use of emotions to back up the point. Great how you have out yourself into the songs. Fantastic, relatable conclusion too. 10/10 would Mosh again

Back