Bruce Dickinson

He teamed up with one of the members of OneRepublic, an alternative/pop rock band, for a few songs. They all have that heavy synth sound with big ethereal choruses that I mostly associate with Imagine Dragons. I guess OneRepublic has that too but I haven’t heard much of their music. I find it pretty bland.

I like the new McCartney album. I could do without the Imagine Dragons imitation, but there are only a few songs in that style. The back half has some great jamming.
How can he imitate Imagine Dragons, when he's been using this sound since 1979 in this or that way. Listen to McCartney II (album).
Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh, no. He's certainly an institution in pop and rock, just like Maiden is an institution in metal. But McCartney doesn't tour nearly as aggressively as Maiden.
Aggressively enough. 3-hour gig, unlike less than 2 hrs by Maiden. Of course Bruce does a very hard job, but Paul does not only sing, but plays instruments. And he's much older. I'm not sure Maiden will be able to be anywhere near his level at his age.
Nothing bad about Maiden, I'm their fan as well, but Macca is Macca. Hands down.

Exactly. If Bruce/Maiden saw the point looming when the only way they could keep performing was to stand still on stage I think they'd decide it was time to bow out gracefully.

But regarding why they don't tour in winter/all year round it's not that they can't, but simply that they choose not to. They've found a system that works for them, and that's all there is to it. Macca is Macca, but Maiden is Maiden.

Have you heard Bruce talking about his enormous willy during his book tour? :D And about fisting as well :D
He's got a very dirty mind :applause:

happy0009.gif

Have you heard Bruce talking about his enormous willy during his book tour? :D And about fisting as well :D
He's got a very dirty mind :applause:

He has a rather self-deprecating sense of humour. He has mentioned more than once that little Brucie is nothing to write home about. :)

The fisting bit becomes clear when you read the chapter in the autobiography about his cancer. ;)

I wonder if some of his (female) fans have a much dirtier mind than him...

Nevertheless he pronounced both of the words on purpose. To say 'willy' instead of 'energy' is a dirty mind :)))
Though I don't mind it. It's ok with me if he says such things, but many people do mind his coming on stage with his Brucie clearly showing thru the pants :)))

Bruce is a force of nature. There are a million things about him to be impressed with. And yet, a self-proclaimed fan of his reduces him to a penis.

I know it's not meant to be taken seriously. But joking about it over and over again leaves a bad aftertaste.

Bruce is a force of nature. There are a million things about him to be impressed with. And yet, a self-proclaimed fan of his reduces him to a penis.

I know it's not meant to be taken seriously. But joking about it over and over again leaves a bad aftertaste.
I'm sorry but you're asking for it! :D

This aside, do you all think the next album will be a "pro-tools album" like Tyranny of Souls, with Bruce and Roy Z recording the bulk of it and guests adding their tracks all over, or a real album like the previous ones?

I'm sorry but you're asking for it! :D

This aside, do you all think the next album will be a "pro-tools album" like Tyranny of Souls, with Bruce and Roy Z recording the bulk of it and guests adding their tracks all over, or a real album like the previous ones?

Bruce and Roy Z with some guest musicians, as was the case with Tyranny of Souls (we know that Dave Moreno was recording his drum parts in April).

Back