Here we go again...Iron Maiden sued over the rights of 6 songs

Last edited:
He did post the following at https://www.facebook.com/LoopyWorld/ on 29th June:

There are also some interesting comments that cast doubt Dennis was not aware of Maiden using the lyrics he supposedly had written.

Like this one:

Loopy World - Iron Maiden Tony Miles I read the GV1 statement posted on fb, and by the time I spoke to Steve about it, he already knew and laughed. Obviously Dennis is being wound up by Mckay, and that big headed twat is about to find out what it's like to lose a case. When Maiden did the first two shows at the Ruskin, Dennis supplied the PA and stood at the desk "supervising". Dianno was 15 feet away singing his lyrics, and he didn't notice??? Utter shite mate. No wonder Dennis has gone into hiding.

I wasn't aware of this book from Loopy, is it any good?

It contains some interesting information for Maiden nerds like us. He does not mince his words regarding Rod Smallwood and the writing style and presentation is quite amateurish. His columns at Metal Talk would give you an idea of what to expect.

That being said, I have it and I do not regret buying a copy.

Speaking about loopy, does anyone know if there's an electronic version (pdf) or similar version of his book? I know it will take forever to get to where I live (if ever) and I really want to read it

I didn't see it. So if you find it plz post
I haven't seen that. I suppose those are the lyrics that McKay presented as written by Wilcock, right? A mate of mine who has heard one of the bootlegs with Wilcock told me that at least 4 songs that Wilcock claims to have written, sound very different. He also mentioned that "Floating" (Purgatory) doesn't sound like Purgatory at all.
Found it, at the end of this article

https://www.metalinsider.net/news/iron-maiden-sued-over-six-songs-band-shares-statement

https://www.metalinsider.net/site/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/Sealed-Particulars-Of-Claim_smaller.pdf

Lol at point 27.4.

That Slesser part of the lawsuit is straight up comedy.

Also the HBTN line in question is one of the most audiable lines in the whole song. Slesser saw Maiden numerous times in the 80's and at least once in 2000's and didn't recognise it? Gimme a break.

Lol at point 27.4.

That Slesser part of the lawsuit is straight up comedy.

Also the HBTN line in question is one of the most audiable lines in the whole song. Slesser saw Maiden numerous times in the 80's and at least once in 2000's and didn't recognise it? Gimme a break.

The whole thing is laughable.

I am no expert, but don't points 9 and 17 suggest that if McKay were to win the case he would profit from future royalties??? Point 31 seems to reinforce this...

Last edited:
I am no expert, but don't points 9 and 17 suggest that if McKay were to win the case he would profit from future royalties???
That was how I interpreted it too - it goes with his Babblemouth (sic) ranting about him and not Dennis being the one suing Steve, I think. Also (unless I'm missing something really obvious) he is named as the only claimant - Dennis is only mentioned in the actual text.

Oh, and I just ordered a copy of Loopy's book, as well :).

Well, what I was thinking was that however unpolished/in need of an editor it might be, it will contain a story which only Loopy can tell us. I want to hear that story.

Who is Loopy again?

And this might come out wrong, but all of the attention to random guys who were part of early Maiden in one way or another and the increased interest they are being shown by fans and metal news sites/blogs/FB sites - and the money they make from people buying their shit - Any correlation between that and the influx in recent allegations from old members? 5 min of Fame and all that..

Last edited:
I wonder if Barry realises that posting in the Blabbermouth comment section makes him seem incredibly unprofessional, like this is the sort of stuff I saw in high school when couples broke up.

This is an interesting development. We'd all better be a lot more careful about what we say about this McKay character. Everything we say should really be backed up by hard facts, no more mere speculation. While we're at it, this might also be a good time to reflect on forum content generally; tone, content, etc. Maybe cut back on threads about lists, that sort of thing.

Back