What are the IM-related items that you've bought but never listen to/watch/use?

Black Bart

Ancient Mariner
As far I'm concerned, I am not a die-hard collector: I lay my hands on what I stumble upon by chance but I never plan to buy anything "extra" unless it's still new so while it can be found at a reasonable price (e.g the two box sets of albums on vinyls).

I own but never (or extremely seldom) listen to the CD singles, especially the ones released from 2000 onwards. The word "never" could apply to the ones released to promote RiR and DoD.
I very seldom listen to the picture discs (although I have a turntable) but at least, they are pleasant to look at, unlike the singles mentioned above.

As for CDs, which I listen to more than I listen to music on computer, the handful of bootlegs I have are given a spin once a year or so. The only Maiden-related CD (outside the singles) that gets dusty is The Beast Live by Paul Di'Anno, which I listened to once.

Last edited:
Jesus fucking Christ. I've just discovered that the BF has left two giant box files of magazines standing on top of my records (end on of course). How the fuck can you fucking do that without thinking?

The covers are all bent, but it's difficult to tell with the discs. They might be slightly warped.

At first I wasnt really into collecting and I was happy just having the regular albums on cd but once a friend of mine offered me some vinyls and that was the start of an "addiction" that lasts for twelve years now. But it's more just for the fun of collecting (and looking for rare items) than really to listen to them (I collect mainly cd's and vinyls). Most of the time, I listen to the cd or vinyl once just to make sure it works.

I don't listen to any of my vinyls. My EOTC single is still in it's shrinkwrap. I also have an original World Piece Tourbook, I have it framed and only looked through it once.

Why are you buying these things if all you do is put them on a shelf somewhere?

I have the first 8 albums + LAD on vinyl that I won during a TBOS release party and I've never listened to them because I also don't own a record player. But at least they were free!

If I get something, I listen to it. Except in different cases, for instance when a friend of mine who works with show tickets have me a bunch of CDs since he got them for free. Other than that, I’m usually using my money for it, so of course I’m gonna listen to it.

I have a large collection of original pressing vinyl and picture discs. I have listened at least once to all but one of them; The X Factor on double clear vinyl. I bought it ten years after release as it wasn't released in my home country. It is one of more expensive items in my collection, so I decided to treat it as such.

I have a large collection of original pressing vinyl and picture discs. I have listened at least once to all but one of them; The X Factor on double clear vinyl. I bought it ten years after release as it wasn't released in my home country. It is one of more expensive items in my collection, so I decided to treat it as such.
That is indeed a rare one and as a fan of the album I wish I had it but I won't pay the going rate.

This thread made me think about my seldom played records. I've only played The Soundhouse Tapes 3 or 4 times in the 18 years I have owned it. So I got some beer and have been playing the records.
As regards other stuff in my collection, there are copious patches, badges, bandannas etc which have sat in a drawer for many years. I doubt I'll ever get rid but I have literally no use for them. Nor my Killers belt buckle. Between the ages of 12-15 I bought loads of tat, then moved on to vinyl. I was never really a proper collector but I did, and still do, have a soft spot for Di'Anno era vinyl. The only things of any real monetary value are The Soundhouse Tapes and the original BNW pic disc. Doubt I'll ever sell those either.
My first Maiden gig was on The X Factour and I bought a mug, headband and tour book so theres sentimental value in those. Never out of the drawer, though.

As regards other stuff in my collection, there are copious patches, badges, bandannas etc which have sat in a drawer for many years. I doubt I'll ever get rid but I have literally no use for them.

Okay, that post made me smile :)

I have a drawer with similar items; a wood print of The Clairvoyant artwork, a sealed Aces High dinky car, a 7th Son pewter badge, and a cassette tape of old interviews recorded off the radio. They are of no monetary value and I haven't looked at them for more than a decade - but I won't part from them. I pity my kids when I die - who gets to throw out Dad's old tat??

I do wish I had The Soundhouse Tapes though. That is the gaping hole in my vinyl collection.

The X Factor on double clear vinyl. I bought it ten years after release as it wasn't released in my home country. It is one of more expensive items in my collection, so I decided to treat it as such.
I bought it too when it was released for the (then) equivalent of 25€ (then 140-150 francs). Unfortunately, I have "misplaced" the poster since then and the plastic containing the CD (including the album twice, instead of album + interviews) has fallen apart. :(

As regards other stuff in my collection, there are copious patches, badges, bandannas etc which have sat in a drawer for many years. I doubt I'll ever get rid but I have literally no use for them. Nor my Killers belt buckle.
Same here with my +/- 30 postcards. ;)

There's one on ebay for £2000. Mental!
Discogs says the highest it ever went for is 1k, average is around £750. I got mine for £70 around 1999 off a guy who lived in London and saw the band and bought it at the time. Still has the fan club slip with it. And it definitely opens from the top!

Owning all the albums (barring Blaze era since they are difficult to find) on CD i rarely listen to the CD but ive uploaded them to itunes to listen to anywhere. As for Vinyl's I own NOTB, Powerslave, SIT, Flight 666 and Live After Death. Each has had 1 playthrough this year, although Live... is the one ill listen to most often.

Back