Deja Vu

How good is Deja-Vu on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A plaintive, soaring intro suddenly cuts into a plodding cut-time harmonized section and a much better melodic section. This quickly switches to a "meh" verse and a much better pre-chorus before breaking into a pretty good but repetitive chorus.

Back to the grating cut-time harmonized section, which leads into a better harmonized break and an extended percussive break. This leads into a boring, by-the-numbers harmonized section before a reprise of the melodic section from the start of the song.

Another round of verse through chorus and it's back to the annoying cut-time harmonized guitars and the better melodic bit before an abrupt ending.

Sorry, but this one's filler. There are just enough good bits to hang onto a 6/10.

Contains some of the best bass work from Harris. The mid section features all instruments in perfect harmony which to me, is a magical moment. The song is a classic Dave song with a consistent rhythmized riff as the lead (think Still Life and Charlotte the Harlot). Great track and a 10 from me

Contains some of the best bass work from Harris. The mid section features all instruments in perfect harmony which to me, is a magical moment. The song is a classic Dave song with a consistent rhythmized riff as the lead (think Still Life and Charlotte the Harlot). Great track and a 10 from me

:huh:

You agree?

A soft opening leads into a melodic yet powerful bit of riffing before Bruce comes in, singing in a style he hasn't used outside of this song. The pre-chorus and chorus feature his soaring high vocals though, and the instrumental section is pretty damn great. As simple as it all is, somehow it's still awesome. 10

These Murray's intros are pure magic. So melodic song with an amazing tempo and rhythm/riff. The pre-chorus is better than the actual chorus. Nice verses. The twin-lead guitar harmonies are superb and fits the futuristic theme of the album perfect. My only complaint about this short rocker is why do not have a solo/s (a solo from Dave at least). A lost classic, hidden gem, one of the most melodic songs of the band along with TRATB. The instrumental work on the song is incredible. 9/10.

Hi, I've reopened this song for voting, after resetting the votes.

Please add your vote for this song and consider the following tips:

• Try to be consistent across the Iron Maiden catalogue. Don't vote based on the place on the album, but the place in the overall catalogue.
  • 1 should be the worst Iron Maiden songs, 10 should be the best. You can have lots of 10s and 1s as you see fit.
  • Don't vote based on other people's votes. IE, if you think a song is overrated, don't give it a 1 or 2 just because you think it's getting "too high" of votes.

A simpler track, the verses are a little iffy and the chorus feels like it’s just there, but the dual guitar instrumental makes up for a lot of the faults. Stunning. Overall, this is probably the weakest link on the album, but it’s still great, proof of the high level of consistency present on the record. 8/10

Dave's time to shine, but it's the weakest song on the album. The lyrics are bad and Bruce's delivery is quite bad at times. In particular the line and you know that this moment in time is for real, and you know when you feel deja vu

But still, there are very catchy melodies here and good performances

7/10

This song used to be my morning alarm for a few years back when I was a teenager lol
The lyrics aren't particularly exciting and Bruce sounds at times as if he's having a lisp (something that's also noticeable on the title track). Other than that, no complaints. The intro sets a great mood, only to explode into an energetic rocker filled to the brim with great melodies. 9.

Back