Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably a bit soon for another Download show, given that Maiden were at both the 2013 and 2016 festivals
That's very true, but this tour has been raved about like few before, and add to that a band that won't necessarily be around for much longer, that is guaranteed to pull in the crowds, most likely playing it's only UK show of the year and it'll likely raise a couple of eyebrows with the organizers

They need to book a studio well in advance, as well as make sure that Kevin Shirley is available. I wouldn't be surprised if the studio is already booked.
Right, I'm just saying it's a leap to take what Steve has pretty much always said in that they want to do new albums and turn that into "the studio is booked!" It might be booked. But I doubt it.

That's very true, but this tour has been raved about like few before, and add to that a band that won't necessarily be around for much longer, that is guaranteed to pull in the crowds, most likely playing it's only UK show of the year and it'll likely raise a couple of eyebrows with the organizers

Hmm . . . I see your point, but the theatrics seem to be very much tailored to indoor shows. With that in mind, I'd have thought 2-3 nights at the O2 or NEC would be likely as the sole UK date(s)?

Things might become clearer on the 11th. :)

With regards to Download, if they're going to do one big UK show only next year then I'd prefer it to be a stadium show in London on a Saturday. Less mud! We certainly won't get another arena tour and two nights at the O2 for the third year running is not exactly inspired.

I do have to say, since The Evil That Men Do was put into the setlist (only got into Maiden after they released TBOS) I gave it a second chance listening to it, the song is really growing on me

Wow, I envy you being a new fan. What an incredibly deep catalogue you have to explore, entire worlds of great music, studio and live.

So I saw a pic of the setlist supposedly taped to the floor in Belfast. The Trooper is on it. Winner. Supposedly. Maybe.
Went to the shop for beer there and a 'non rocker' lookin woman who must be pushin 60 said "nice t shirt." Says I "are ye a fan?" Says she, "aw god aye, love them." Class.

Have I mentioned before that I think that they will record in Jan-March period?
Didn't Steve say he wants to do a new album, but they have this tour to focus on first. I doubt they will record a album while they are still on the LOTB schedule.

We'd probably have a better chance figuring out when the tour occurs by looking at individual 747 rentals for next year.

Bruce made the point in his book that plane rentals are more economical during the Northern Hemisphere's winter months. So if there is an Ed Force One Tour it will likely be in February/March/April as the 2016 leg on the BoS Tour was.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back