Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t you try cutting back on the constant negativity. It’s okay to express a contrary opinion, but you are relentless and more repetitive than a reunion-era Steve Harris song. Enjoy Maiden for what they are!
Hmm...

On the last tour, Iron Maiden had an openly Satanic band, Ghost, open for them. On the upcoming tour, the logo is Baphomet, aka Satan, who accepts sacrifices of human children.

Really, really uncool, Maiden. I always defended you, but you are pushing it now.
There is NO WAY I will cheer to an image of the enemy. I am extremely disappointed in Maiden for taking this route.
Operations666 said:
If Maiden sends out Satan/Baphomet as Eddie and has the crowds cheering for him, yes, that is bad. I don't give a damn how much mockery this gets. This stuff is not a game or a joke.
Operations666 said:
If Maiden goes with Baphomet Eddie, I’m probably done with them. F*ck the satanic bullsh*t. I’ve been a hardcore fan for 35 years, but I won’t support that. I really really hope Steve is smarter than that.
That sure sounds like relentless, repetitive negativity to me...

I just think it’s funny that someone would complain about one song but overlook another that’s doing exactly the same thing when it’s boiled down to that.
But he does have the point though
I wouldn't call any part of SSoaSS instrumental too repetitive, if there is repetition, it's logical and needed and sounds spontaneous
While, for instance, TRATB has parts that ARE repeated too many times in a row, for no apparent reason
However, it's not that common as Gk1 suggests, and even this excessive repetition in TRATB does work live very well, as I have witnessed. It was an undeniable climax of the show

All in all it comes down to dynamics. Maiden always had the tendency to repeat parts. It is just that in the later years the repetition is just killing any momentum that the already slow songs might have. Having watched several full live shows from the current tour...I can say that for me the latest songs do kill the momentum of the show.

giphy.gif

I’m curious what band think about those chorus repetitions. „Well, that’s great song - we must add 20x chorus part at the end, that’ll nailed it!”

Reactions: Gk1
Is it just me who hopes for a ten song 55 minute album and a live show of 19 songs?

You are not the only one. One or two epics per album would be enough. Still I think FTGGOG, Clansman and SOTC are great in the current set. I could do without FOTD.

Reactions: Gk1
Is it just me who hopes for a ten song 55 minute album and a live show of 19 songs?
It's been almost 25 years, since FOTD really, that they stopped doing a whole album with short songs and just one or two 7+ minute song so no I'm not really expecting them to go back to this formula. And actually I wish they don't because last time they tried to do so, with NPFTD, can't say the results were that great!

Now, just out of curiosity, why always being negative and complain again and again about the present situation, something that has been going on for years ? With all respect, it reminds me of some Rush fans that even in the 90's or 00'S were still expecting that the band will write again 20 minutes epics, something they stopped doing in the late 70's!

Not being a fan of what a band has become is comprehensive and having a bit of nostalgia of the early years and thinking it was the peak of their career is fine and I perfectly respect that but then maybe it's not necessary to keep on repeating the fact that you don't like at all what they're doing nowadays, I think we all understood your point of view by now.

Every once in a while we're having new members on the board, some being very active like e.g. Diesel. At some point a topic can be brought up, even when it was done before. It's not as if Gk1 keeps repeating the same sentence over and over during the last days. It's a discussion. With reactions to other posts. With different opinions. It's not always bright and shine. Criticism and negativity happen. Especially when people are still very passionate. Not everybody is a fan of whatever the band does.

But I do agree with you about this:
It's been almost 25 years, since FOTD really, that they stopped doing a whole album with short songs and just one or two 7+ minute song so no I'm not really expecting them to go back to this formula.
So let's not count on it.

And disagree with this. ;)
And actually I wish they don't because last time they tried to do so, with NPFTD, can't say the results were that great!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back