Legacy of the Beast Tour 2018 - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
This, my friends, is the real social media madness set. I think that if they played this, IM fanbase would have a meltdown of epic proportions.

pbjdqlz.jpg

Kick out 2MTM, IMO it's the weakest song in the set.

Well, the problem there is that:

a) It hasn't been played since 2014
b) Powerslave worshipers would cry that there is not enough songs from Powerslave in the set
c) It is one of Maiden's biggest hits

a) It hasn't been played since 2014
ATG hasn't been played ever.
b) Powerslave worshipers would cry that there is not enough songs from Powerslave in the set
SiT worshipers are already complaining, so.... And I'm a Powerslave worshiper myself and I'm advocating it replaced before all others.
c) It is one of Maiden's biggest hits
So was Flight of Icarus, and they managed to survive without it for years until this tour came.

If you want more Powerslave, Back In The Village was IIRC played at one single show before being dropped(?). It would fit right in with this setlist and I'd much rather hear it than 2MTM, which is good, but not for the LOTB tour - at least compared to the other gems we're served. I'm fine with the setlist, but don't kick out another song without first dealing with the doomsday track.

One thing that still kinda boggles my mind is how prominently Seventh Son was featured in the artwork despite only one song from the album making the set. I get that they probably just wanted a classic Eddie in the promotion to play up the 80s theme but there are other way more iconic Eddies out there (Killers, NOTB, even Somewhere In Time).

Also, is this the first time they’ve started a concert with two album openers back to back?

One thing that still kinda boggles my mind is how prominently Seventh Son was featured in the artwork despite only one song from the album making the set. I get that they probably just wanted a classic Eddie in the promotion to play up the 80s theme but there are other way more iconic Eddies out there (Killers, NOTB, even Somewhere In Time).

Also, is this the first time they’ve started a concert with two album openers back to back?
Probably yes.

ATG hasn't been played ever.
SiT worshipers are already complaining, so.... And I'm a Powerslave worshiper myself and I'm advocating it replaced before all others.

So was Flight of Icarus, and they managed to survive without it for years until this tour came.

If you want more Powerslave, Back In The Village was IIRC played at one single show before being dropped(?). It would fit right in with this setlist and I'd much rather hear it than 2MTM, which is good, but not for the LOTB tour - at least compared to the other gems we're served. I'm fine with the setlist, but don't kick out another song without first dealing with the doomsday track.

-What IM album you don't worship...

-FOI was causing tempo arguments every time they played it. They avoided it for years because of that reason. Now, with tempos of all of the songs being much slower that issue is gone.

-Back In The Village wouldn't fit the war theme.

So only for you, the even bigger social media madness set:

Aces High
Where Eagles Dare
Paschendale
The Clansman
The Trooper
Revelations
For The Greater Good Of God
The Wicker Man
Sign Of The Cross
Flight Of Icarus
Infinite Dreams
Number Of The Beast
Iron Maiden
-----------------------------------------------
Alexander The Great
Hallowed Be Thy Name
Run To The Hills

realistically, this is the best set we’re going to get with Maiden.

If we’re going unrealistic, I’d like to see them retire NOTB/Fear/Hallowed/Run To the Hills. Not because they’re bad songs, but the band is totally on autopilot for them and has been for at least 25 years.

realistically, this is the best set we’re going to get with Maiden.

If we’re going unrealistic, I’d like to see them retire NOTB/Fear/Hallowed/Run To the Hills. Not because they’re bad songs, but the band is totally on autopilot for them and has been for at least 25 years.

Exactly. The set from Aces to FOI is pretty much perfect. After that it's too auto-pilot for my liking. One or two rarities instead of FOTD and TETMD would do no harm.

I actually loved that RTTH is back in the set. It was refreshing to hear it again (and it was much better than in 2013). Hallowed is always great.

TETMD isn't a great fit for Bruce's voice anymore. This is the only song where he struggled on choruses.

And then Fear Of The Drop. I'm annoyed how Bruce was saying during the interviews that while he is singing FOTD, he is already thinking about encores and yet it is still featured in the set. It hasn't been dropped for this tour, despite not fitting in that place in the set theme. If you are so against Play Classics! crowds, drop FOTD for a tour FFS. It's been 13 years of constant outings of FOTD.

Last edited:
They probably just made up excuses to cover up the fact that "We were seriously considering playing Duellists and Alexander The Great but then decided to just do the Wicker Man and Fear of the Dark again" would not go down very well as an official explanation :D

wonder if they intended to do Alexander and when Hallowed got settled, it took Alexander's place

wonder if they intended to do Alexander and when Hallowed got settled, it took Alexander's place
Absolutely not. It's more likely it took Heaven Can Wait's place. Mentioning Alexander the Great in a tour thread should be forbidden, I'm happy they aren't doing it and I'd rather have an extended version of Delilah than Alexander the Great.

And enjoyable as fuck.
If you never saw the band live before, yes. But if you saw IM, TNOTB and FOTD 10+ times, Hallowed 9 times and TETMD 7 times, you would much rather hear something different instead of them. At least instead one of them.

It's a matter of Play Classics! vs Play Rarities! again. And I'm definately in the second camp. That's why I adore the Aces-FOI portion of the set. It's a perfect mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back