Official Star Wars Thread

What we fans do really want to know is...
after her terrific appearance in The Star Wars Holiday Special, cooking a Bantha steak, will Mrs Chewbacca ever be brought back?

Finished re-reading Darth Plagueis. Remember in Ep III when Sidious told Anakin "the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the wise"? This book, published seven years later, tells the story.

The first 150 pages are Plagueis' origin. Then he meets a young Palpatine and after discovering his bloodlust and power, recruits him and takes him as his apprentice. It is fascinating to finally see a Sith being trained and "tested". Over the next 25 years, we learn of the first encounters between Sifo-Dias, Dooku, Maul, and how the master plan to kill the Jedi and put Palpatine as Emperor is planned through trial, error, & genius.

The author also works in the plots of previous books Cloak of Deception and Darth Maul Shadow Hunter. Most interesting is we see Ep 1 from the Sith's point of view.

Now i have to wait until hopefully we will see a similar book about Snoke.

Saw Solo today and loved it! Had a great time watching. Big smile on my face throughout the whole thing. It was exactly what I wanted it to be - a fun adventure. And it was truly action-packed - I was actually surprised by how much great, well-filmed action was in this. It's not the best Star Wars film ever and Rogue One probably edges it out in the spin-off category, but who cares. I think it's a great, light standalone. It's fun, simply fun. You know, nothing hinges on this film, it's not a part of the Saga, so the pressure isn't there, really.

Major spoiler:
Maul's cameo was one of the craziest, most random shockers I've ever seen. :p I mean, the sole fact that it happened is kind of insane... Maul appearing in a Han Solo movie? If I didn't know, I'd call it the least likely cameo ever.

Nope, this info is false. It's a misquote, an error in translation. Lucasfilm clarified that there are no plans for such spin-off at the moment and Kennedy meant that "it's something she would like to see."
I wouldn't call that a misquote or an error in translation as that implies that it was a mistake on the part of the writer - its more someone took "We may look into that one day" as "This is totally happening". While I don't think its malicious in intent, it does display a disconnect between journalists who cover entertainment, and people who get how entertainment made. You see it in everything from movies to games to TV to music.

I liked it, I didn't love it
Agree with that statement but Ep IV (2nd half with our heroes running through the Death Star) was still the most fun for me. Solo did have good chase scenes (in and out of a moving vehicle) though. Really accepted Alden Ehrenreich early in the film as Han (without even realizing it)

https://twitter.com/SWTweets/status/1003833275738013697

:facepalm:

I need to rewatch The Last Jedi these days. I preferred TFA and R1 over the 2 movies from this year, but they weren't bad (OK, maybe the part in Solo I slept through was bad, but I dunno :p). I don't understand the fan community vitriol over TLJ, like it was the worst movie ever.

Then again, I don't generally care too much about Star Wars in general. I'm excited for the main movies but I usually stop thinking about them after I'm done seeing them. And I haven't seen any of the cartoons, or played the games, or read the books.

I liked the movie a lot. Rose’s side quest was kinda lame but I don’t get the intense dislike for her character (other than some apparent racism/sexism). Especially stupid that people took it out on the actor. Really sad she had to put up with that.

I don't understand the fan community vitriol over TLJ, like it was the worst movie ever.

Same goes for some people and the prequels, mind you. A lot of fans do not understand that either. But I have to admit, even though I liked The Last Jedi - it is not without some joy I watch Disney/Lucasfilm/Kathleen Kennedy having to deal with fans turning on them. After all, they've used or let people involved use the prequel hate as a marketing tactic quite openly. Suits them well, does it not?

I don't particularly care about Disney's visions of future Star Wars. George was the man (and I would have loved to see his take on Episode VII-IX). But if anything good comes out of this, I hope it is a less toxic landscape around the prequel films and more acceptance, in the harsh realisation that it's not really possible to continue the story without stepping on people's feet.

Back