Regarding tour spoilers - PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then maybe we can have a spoiler thread, but a strict no-spoiler rule for all threads outside the Maiden Chat sub-forum. This way, those who wish not to be spoilt will just keep out of the Maiden Chat.

Then maybe we can have a spoiler thread, but a strict no-spoiler rule for all threads outside the Maiden Chat sub-forum. This way, those who wish not to be spoilt will just keep out of the Maiden Chat.

Well, like I said, despite finding the whole "spoiler" idea silly, I respect that there are people who cherish it. And with that in mind... you know, talking about the current setlist in the Stephen King or Now Watching or Tom Waits Survivor thread kinda seems gratuitous ... if not nonsensical, let alone somewhat dickish :D

Spoilers are supposed to well within spoiler tags and labelled as containing tour spoilers if they're anywhere outside of the tour thread. The biggest problem we got last time was posting in the Song And Album Commentary forum. Even if you use spoiler tags around the actual spoiler, it's pretty damn obvious why you're posting in the 'Wrathchild' thread. :facepalm: Tbh most users are really good about spoilers, it's the new joiners who post without reading rules (or don't care about getting booted) that cause the problems.

That’s the sort of thing that makes it iffy.

Let’s say Maiden did perform ATG (they won’t). There’s going to be a lot of offhand comments about the song and increased activity in its thread. Even just little comments like “I didn’t like ATG until I saw it live” or “ATG is a song that benefits from three guitarists” will be hard to avoid. Plus a spoiler like that will be hard to contain anyway.

I accidentally dropped a spoiler for the entire setlist in the "How many Iron Maiden songs have you seen live?" thread last year. Nobody picked up on it though. I think that from Saturday evening I'll drop off my forum activity and steer clear of Maiden Chat when I do come online. I'll also have to stay away from Youtube which will be hard as it's always tempting to drop in on the mobile phone app.

The countdown to T-Minus Zero Wiz has begun, get him while you can.

Hi Wiz. Are you well? Any plans for the weekend?
Hi Niall. I'm fine thanks. Will be watching the Champions League Final on Saturday and following the Giro d'Italia. I also have my PhD thesis to write too. How about you?

I am fine, Wizard, I am currently a wonderful colour in Farmer Tan design due to all the sun, I cant stop looking at myself. No football for me, I have a ticket for Underworld on Saturday night at some outdoor festival thing. Hopefully they put it on a big screen. I worked on the Giro when it came to Belfast. Got loads of left over free beer tokens. I love the Giro.

Cried's custom title.
TmnT3vT.gif

Spoiler tags made a lot of sense maybe ten years ago, and I definitely think they should still be required here don’t get me wrong, but if you really don’t want spoilers I don’t see the point in visiting this website (or any Maiden related site/page) during a tour. Going spoiler free gets harder every year.
Man. I really feel welcome here.

But I'm afraid that is the best advice. I indeed should stop visiting this forum for a month.

Last edited:
I haven't been spoiler free since 2005 but I'm gonna give it a go this time. 4 weeks to wait. Modem in the bin. Lucky none of my mates give a rats about Maiden or metal. Although over my 3 days at Hellfest I am sure that I will hear many things that cant be unheard. C'est la vie.

The last time I was (nearly) spoiler free was on the GMETID show, when I attended the second show of the tour. And I say nearly because on the day of the gig one of the local newspapers had a piece on the first show and spilled the beans... I managed to stop reading, but was not quick enough to avoid seeing some song titles being mentioned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back