Let's try and get 1,000,000 replies to this post

In other news, I went downhill skiing today. Unfortunately, the weather turned out to be cloudy and foggy, with a little snow (bordering on freezing rain). It froze on my goggles, in my beard, my jacket stuck to the chairlift a couple of times ... and all the slopes in the higher part of the mountain had a visibility bordering on zero.
I thought the entire point of having a beard was to get snow and ice on it?

Everyone has a really exciting life - except me :(
Well. Remember that there is a strong positive bias on the internet. People are more likely to share moments of excitement than days of boredom ...
Or people get very excited about doing boring things. I'm a member of a Facebook group dedicated to being boring.

Unless it's @Perun in the Rant thread
That's the purpose of the Rant thread. Give people a place where they are expected to be mad instead of being expected to be happy all the time (because, well, we are not)

I thought the entire point of having a beard was to get snow and ice on it?

Well, it is important to get ice in the beard every now and then, no proper winter without that!

The point of goggles, though, is to help you see better when skiing.

I've decided I'm going to take this year to listen to a couple entire discographies by bands that I have overlooked, undervalued, or never fully given a chance. Starting with Judas Priest.

Who else should I try? Ideally, I'm looking for a classic metal band, not looking to delve into extreme death metal, black metal, etc.

I've decided I'm going to take this year to listen to a couple entire discographies by bands that I have overlooked, undervalued, or never fully given a chance. Starting with Judas Priest.

Who else should I try? Ideally, I'm looking for a classic metal band, not looking to delve into extreme death metal, black metal, etc.
Iron Maiden.

You can join in on the Scorpions discussion! :D

I'm planning on doing Rage after that. They have 24 albums. They have had gazillion lineups. They had many different phases (heavy, power, prog, symphonic, speed, thrash, basically everything non-extreme). Vocal styles changed accordingly (thrash metal screaming, then Halford-like screaming, then more mid-ranged softer stuff). Used real orchestra on a few albums too.

Iron Maiden.

Hate 'em! Devil worshipping fiends!

You can join in on the Scorpions discussion! :D

I'm planning on doing Rage after that. They have 24 albums. They have had gazillion lineups. They had many different phases (heavy, power, prog, symphonic, speed, thrash, basically everything non-extreme). Vocal styles changed accordingly (thrash metal screaming, then Halford-like screaming, then more mid-ranged softer stuff). Used real orchestra on a few albums too.

I might try Scorpions! Rage sounds way too ambitious.

Woke up before my alarm, looked at my phone to see the time, it was 10:29 for one second, then turned 10:30 and my alarm rang. "Introduction to IT" exam done, results in the weekend, next up is "Computers", a very difficult subject.

I had a similar idea and I intend to investigate all things Marillion this year.

I currently have five albums out of eighteen so there's quite a lot to do ...

Back