Nordic Countries

tongue0002.gif

Then please enlighten a fellow language scholar - in my case, a philologist - how it is justified to use Biological terminology such as "purebred" in reference to a language, how a language can only evolve if it is secluded from outside influence, and how Russian can be purebred if the very name of its language is of foreign origin...

Suffice to say, Dan Brown's books or the movie adaptations thereof must make you bleed internally - I quote from Code directly - “The Priory, like many European secret societies at odds with the Church, had considered English the only European pure language for centuries. Unlike French, Spanish, and Italian, which were rooted in Latin – the tongue of the Vatican – English was linguistically removed from Rome’s propaganda machine, and therefore became a sacred, secret tongue for those brotherhoods educated enough to learn it.“

Suffice to say, Dan Brown's books or the movie adaptations thereof must make you bleed internally - I quote from Code directly - “The Priory, like many European secret societies at odds with the Church, had considered English the only European pure language for centuries. Unlike French, Spanish, and Italian, which were rooted in Latin – the tongue of the Vatican – English was linguistically removed from Rome’s propaganda machine, and therefore became a sacred, secret tongue for those brotherhoods educated enough to learn it.“

Dan Brown makes everyone bleed internally. I'm not a linguist and my religious studies ended with my Bachelor's, but I hate that man.

Thank you for a joke!
And what about some other things: Nordic movies or animals?

Movies? The Seventh Seal! And of course The Girl With The Dragon Tatoo

I went to Iceland last year and had an absolute blast. Really wonderful and open culture, though I admit, there is a bit of an excess towards catering to tourists in a way I'm not used to in my travels - still, once you get out into the rugged and open beauty of this truly unique place, I couldn't possibly have been more at peace.

I saw the Northern Lights. I'll never forget that.

Back